Discussion Board

strange behavior on sending jar file via WAP for different mobile network

I am a content provider sharing java games. I have 3 problems now:

1) I have some problem delivery the jar file (jad file is ok) for different operators in my country. I do use the same file, the same mobile phone but different sim card (for different operators), we tested on Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6600. Two operators work just find however, there is one operator which always reports invalid file. I first think of the file size however after sending file size of 56K, the problem still persists, "invalid file". I felt the the mobile downloaded the whole file before.

2) Invalid file problem on Nokia 6230. I put a game with size around 61.3K in the mysql database, then query it with PHP when delivery. Once, I got always error "invalid file" reports, however, after recompile and change something in the code, with file size 62.1K, it works file. I also tested 61.3K via bluetooth, it works fine too. I wonder if they are some byte order or bit stuffing problem there.

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: strange behavior on sending jar file via WAP for different mobile network

Is the problem operator (their WAP gateway) doing something to the MIME type header (assuming your own server is sending the correct MIME type for .jar/.jad files) along the way to the phone?

Some phones (as well as operators) have limits to the max download size.

For the 6230 the max .jar size is stated to be 125KB on http://forum.nokia.com/main/0,,018-2...tml?model=6230

No fixed file size limit on the 6600 (limited by amount of available memory only).

You said you have three problems, but wrote only about two.

Re: strange behavior on sending jar file via WAP for different mobile network

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. The jad and jar file are working properly with 2 mobile operators <- Can I conclude that the server is sending the correct MINE-Type? I tried to load game from other provider using the problem operator, that game has the file size of 15xK and it works just fine.

So, I think that it should be my fault somewhere. I really have no idea how to debug it since it just doesnt work for this operator. Do you feel anything fishy in my implementation?

Sending the file, I have PHP code as follow (for jar):

header('Content-type: application/java-achieve');
    header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.$data['FileName'].'"');
    echo $data['data'];