Discussion Board

Break on C++ Exception

I am trying to build and debug a project, and my project crashes almost immediately, before reaching any breakpoints, with the system message "Microsoft C++ Exception (0xE06D7363) at address 0x7C81EB33" occuring numerous times. In an attempt to debug this problem I am trying to activate the "Break on C++ Exception" command under the Debug menu, but it is permanently greyed out, unselectable. I can't find any condtions under which it is selectable. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any help!

Rich

btw. Codewarrior Development Studio for Symbian OS v 3.0, Symbian v 9.1

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Break on C++ Exception

Did you check the x86 Exceptions target pref? There a slew of exceptions you can enable there.

Tim

Thanks, that worked, as far as breaking where the exception was occuring. Unfortunately it occurs before my source and its all asm code to sort through. I did determine that my problem has something to do with construction of an object....possibly because a default constructor does not exist. I was more or less trying to instantiate an interface that had no implementation. What I don't quite understand is why the program crashed the way it did, without even entering my code at all. Perhaps the memory for automatics is allocated before a entering the code for a module? And when that failed the program just crashed? Anyway, problem solved, just stuff to think about.

"Microsoft C++ Exception (0xE06D7363) " i also got the same exception while calling third party dll function - how to check the x86 Exceptions target pref ?