Discussion Board

Exclamation Ringing problem with Nokia N70

I found a problem with the incoming ringing in N70. When someone calls you and the phone has weak 3G signal then tries to change to GSM for better reception. At that time the ringtone (whatever polyphonic ringtone you have either yours either factory preset) plays like "slow motion" and has snow distortion. I gave the phone to the Nokia store that I have bought it and they told me that has no problem I have send multiple e-mails to Nokia here in Greece and at last they phone me yesterday and ask me for details of the problems that I have (ringing problem and radio distortion problem). The semi-answer that they gave to me was that they will tell about my problem with the N70 in the next meeting that they will have and they will inform me. I guess I will wait 1 or 2 months at least as usual to give me an answer. In the meantime I will have a N70 with major and minor problem in my pocket. I gave 508euros for a N70 with problems. What can I say, i don't know where I must give my phone to fix it. P.S. In the nokia store that I gave it for "service" (listen to that: to get your phone for service after 5 days from buying it) I told them that I want to replace it with a new phone and they told me it's out of the question
    Last edited by DVogdos; 2005-11-03 at 13:29.

Cool Re: Ringing problem with Nokia N70

After I have "fight" from the phone with the Supervisor of the Nokia store that I have bought my Nokia N70 and after I gave my phone to his store for "service" 2 times and I have send several e-mails to Alphacopy (Nokia Importer here in Greece and Central Office) the Chief engineer call me from the Central office of Nokia (Very polite guy not like the Supervisor of the Nokia store that I have bought my phone) in my town yesterday and told me that if I can send my phone there. Of Course this morning I went there and show in person the problems to his technicians so as I was expected they told me that the phone must stay there for further check-ups. Whell it's the third time that I'm with no phone and I hope that it will be the last... I'm afraid here in Greece you must "pull some strings" to have your job done. I forgot to tell you an other thing: First time in my life (I'm a programmer for 10 years now) I heard that when we have version 2.0 and we "re-install" version 2.0 that means upgrade (I'm afraid for those that doesn't know the meaning of the word upgrade means that if we have for example a software version 2.0 and we "put" version 3.0) and that thing that they told me from Nokia is re-install. (in the end I will forgot the thing that I know)...whatever

Smile Re: Ringing problem with Nokia N70

however, you could fix it much easier.. just by emovin for few sec. your memory card it updates your phone again and then everything is fine.. i had that problem too.. didn't needed any help..