Discussion Board

Bluesoleil Software

I have a new Bluesoleil bluetooth dongle which will connect to my 6230i, but is not recognised by PC Suite.

According to Nokia I need version 1.6.1 build 05222 of the driver software for this device.

Can anyone give me a URL where I can download it. It is not available on the Bluesoleil website, as their 1.6.1 driver is a later version which, again according to Nokia, may not work.

Re: Bluesoleil Software

Yeah, me too. Just got my SW yesterday. And it's also showing that my dongle is not licensed or something, because bluesoleil pulls up and says that i can only transfer files no more than 5mb? how can i fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kencooper
    I have a new Bluesoleil bluetooth dongle which will connect to my 6230i, but is not recognised by PC Suite.

According to Nokia I need version 1.6.1 build 05222 of the driver software for this device.

Can anyone give me a URL where I can download it. It is not available on the Bluesoleil website, as their 1.6.1 driver is a later version which, again according to Nokia, may not work.

Super Contributor

You can download the latest drivers and support software from the adapter vendor's web site (not Bluesoleil). Because each vendor customizes the Bluesoleil software slightly, you should not use drivers from a vendor other than the one that manufactured your Bluetooth adapters.

If your connection doesn´t work it might not be only the bluetooth drivers causing this. There might have happened something during the installation of PC Suite. If you click on "Connection Manager" in PC Suite, do you even see the IVT Bluetooth Soleil option there? If you have Windows XP SP2 installed, Microsofts bluetooth stack might cause some conflict with your Bluesoleil bluetooth drivers. In that case, try to use Microsoft Bluetooth, or override the Microsoft stack with the Bluesoleil software, or make sure Microsoft bluetooth stack is disabled on computer startup.

Thanks for that.

The bluetooth adapter has no markings on it other than the Bluesoleil disc and hence software, so I haven't got a vendor site I can go to.

The windows adapter is there as well as the Bluesoleil, but both give the same reasult.

I got a similar problem. I can see IVT bluesoleil sign on bluetooth connections, it can find my phone, sends the password to my phone but when confirm the password telephone automatically pairs with bluesoleil, not with pc suite. does anyone has a solution?

I had the same probem with my 6680, but I updated to the latest version of PC suite (6.70.22) and it worked after that.

Re: Bluesoleil Software and Nokia PC suite - SOLUTION

I have been trying for the last few days to get my son's 6230i to connect to the PC. I too have a Bluesoleil bluetooth adaptor which recognises the phone but the NOKIA PC suite didn't. After reading around the web I have found the problem and then the solution - it all has to do with the bluetooth stack included with Windows XP SP2 which is not overwritten when you install the Bluesoleil drivers. You have to rename the original file and then it will get overwritten. To do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\inf in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Right-click Bth.inf, and then click Rename.
    3. Rename Bth.inf to Bth.bak, and then press ENTER.
    4. Install the Bluesoleil driver.

I downloaded the up-to-date driver from Bluesoleil's website (not sure if I had to, but I did). This is the "BlueSoleil_1.6.1.4_release_050606.zip" on the support/downloads section of the website. When I ran and installed it, I noticed that for the first time the Nokia suite had an animated graphic showing radio waves and then it found my phone!!

Transfering files to the applications/collection folder is now possible

I hope you get success too

you can download it from here

http://www.bluesoleil.com/update/index.asp

try and i hope you'll make it

Re: Bluesoleil Software confict with Nokia Pc Suite. How to use Windows Bluetooth

Use Windows Bluetooth with a Bluetooth Device that is not recognizable by Window’s XP as a Bluetooth device.

I bought a medium priced USB Bluetooth device in order to connect my phone with my desktop via Bluetooth. The USB Bluetooth device came with a CD that contained the Blue Soleil Bluetooth Drivers. After installing it (install, restart blah blah) the connection with my phone and the Blue Soleil software was perfect. But with the Nokia PC Suite wasn’t! When I googled my problem I saw that the Nokia PC Suite is incompatible with Blue Soleil Bluetooth Drivers. Nokia claims that the suite was only compatible with Windows Bluetooth, the WIDCOMM Bluetooth Driver and some other driver I can’t remember. I tried installing the WIDCOMM driver but it was unsuccessful in finding the hardware. Therefore, all my efforts went into making Windows Bluetooth work with my usb Bluetooth device.
    In order to use the Windows Bluetooth service you just have to put the device in the usb slot and then windows will identify it as a Bluetooth device and then install the correct drivers. That didn’t happen with my device. When I selected the automatic installation of the hardware’s drivers the usb was recognizable as a Bluetooth Radio but the drivers were not installed. I got a big exclamation mark right by the ISSCEDRBTA driver saying drivers not installed. After a long - long study of online forums and stuff I found out that Windows Bluetooth only support some specific brands of Bluetooth devices! (Don’t know why – not here to judge…)
    So…all you have to do, if you have the same problem as me, is to force Windows Bluetooth to accept your device. In order to achieve this follow the following directions. Uninstall everything that has anything to do with Bluetooth drivers before you do….

Directions:
    Plug in the Usb Bluetooth device.
    In the hardware installation window let windows find automatically the drivers
    Windows will identify the hardware but won’t install the driver.
    Open Device Manager (Go to Start Menu>Run> devmgmt.msc and the press OK)
    Expand Bluetooth radios.
    Under Bluetooth radios you will see "Isscedrbta" with a yellow exclamation mark (or another name of drivers).
    Double click on it and then go to the Details tab. Select Hardware Instance Id
    Highlight one of the two ids shown and then press ctrl+c (copy)
    Now uninstall the driver by right clicking the Isscedrbta input and select uninstall.

Go to Start Menu>Run> write %windir%/inf/ and the press OK
    Find and file called bth.inf and open it. If u don’t find bth.inf open bth.ini
    Under "Device section - Start" are a list of usb Bluetooth brands that windows Bluetooth support.
    Under the first category copy-paste this:

ISSCEDRBTA= BthUsb, USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1004

for example (before)
    ;------------- Device section - Start -----------------------

[ALPS.NT.5.1]
    ALPS Integrated Bluetooth Device= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3005
    Alps Bluetooth USB Adapter= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3006

(After)

[ALPS.NT.5.1]

Now highlight the part USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1004 and then press ctrl+v (paste) so the Hardware Id that you copied before in Device Manager gets pasted there.
    Save file and exit.
    If u only had the bth.ini and not the bth.inf file then do this: select the bth.ini press copy and paste it in the same window (C:\WINDOWS/inf/)
    Now you will have a file in this folder with the name "copy of bth.ini". Rename that file into bth.inf . When you get asked if you want to allow the extension to change just press Ok.

Now we are ready to go.

Plug in the usb Bluetooth device.
    In the hardware installation window let windows find automatically the drivers.
    Windows will now identify the hardware and install the correct drivers.

Re: Bluesoleil Software confict with Nokia Pc Suite. How to use Windows Bluetooth

Hi nickpan. I followed these steps...
    The drivers was installed (so so) but the yellow alert icon apears under bluetoorh devices and "Device Status" said:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Driver date: blank
    Driver version: blank

My configuration:

DeviceInstance Id:
    USB\VID_1131&PID_1004\5&75451E6&0&1

Hardware Ids:
    USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1004&Rev_0373
    USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1004

Do you have any idea?
    I don't any driver in internet!!!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickpan View Post
    Use Windows Bluetooth with a Bluetooth Device that is not recognizable by Window’s XP as a Bluetooth device.

I bought a medium priced USB Bluetooth device in order to connect my phone with my desktop via Bluetooth. The USB Bluetooth device came with a CD that contained the Blue Soleil Bluetooth Drivers. After installing it (install, restart blah blah) the connection with my phone and the Blue Soleil software was perfect. But with the Nokia PC Suite wasn’t! When I googled my problem I saw that the Nokia PC Suite is incompatible with Blue Soleil Bluetooth Drivers. Nokia claims that the suite was only compatible with Windows Bluetooth, the WIDCOMM Bluetooth Driver and some other driver I can’t remember. I tried installing the WIDCOMM driver but it was unsuccessful in finding the hardware. Therefore, all my efforts went into making Windows Bluetooth work with my usb Bluetooth device.
    In order to use the Windows Bluetooth service you just have to put the device in the usb slot and then windows will identify it as a Bluetooth device and then install the correct drivers. That didn’t happen with my device. When I selected the automatic installation of the hardware’s drivers the usb was recognizable as a Bluetooth Radio but the drivers were not installed. I got a big exclamation mark right by the ISSCEDRBTA driver saying drivers not installed. After a long - long study of online forums and stuff I found out that Windows Bluetooth only support some specific brands of Bluetooth devices! (Don’t know why – not here to judge…)
    So…all you have to do, if you have the same problem as me, is to force Windows Bluetooth to accept your device. In order to achieve this follow the following directions. Uninstall everything that has anything to do with Bluetooth drivers before you do….

Directions:
    Plug in the Usb Bluetooth device.
    In the hardware installation window let windows find automatically the drivers
    Windows will identify the hardware but won’t install the driver.
    Open Device Manager (Go to Start Menu>Run> devmgmt.msc and the press OK)
    Expand Bluetooth radios.
    Under Bluetooth radios you will see "Isscedrbta" with a yellow exclamation mark (or another name of drivers).
    Double click on it and then go to the Details tab. Select Hardware Instance Id
    Highlight one of the two ids shown and then press ctrl+c (copy)
    Now uninstall the driver by right clicking the Isscedrbta input and select uninstall.

Go to Start Menu>Run> write %windir%/inf/ and the press OK
    Find and file called bth.inf and open it. If u don’t find bth.inf open bth.ini
    Under "Device section - Start" are a list of usb Bluetooth brands that windows Bluetooth support.
    Under the first category copy-paste this:

for example (before)

[ALPS.NT.5.1]

(After)

[ALPS.NT.5.1]

Now highlight the part USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1004 and then press ctrl+v (paste) so the Hardware Id that you copied before in Device Manager gets pasted there.
    Save file and exit.
    If u only had the bth.ini and not the bth.inf file then do this: select the bth.ini press copy and paste it in the same window (C:\WINDOWS/inf/)
    Now you will have a file in this folder with the name "copy of bth.ini". Rename that file into bth.inf . When you get asked if you want to allow the extension to change just press Ok.

Now we are ready to go.

Plug in the usb Bluetooth device.
    In the hardware installation window let windows find automatically the drivers.
    Windows will now identify the hardware and install the correct drivers.