Discussion Board

JAD or JAr problem ...file for 6610 nokia (40 series)

hi,
    I am trying to deploy my simple game on my mobile by using infra communication and using nokia 6610 pc suite's application installer. It ask firstly JAD file and then JAR file, so in middle of the progress of installation it just gives me an error that operation is failed...What would be reason of this kind of error?is my jad file is not perfect?? here is below what i wrote inside jad

Born4Pure is the main class to run the midlet. Icon file is inside the folder where my Born4Pure.class file is exist...

MIDlet-1:Born4Pure, , java.lang.Class
    MIDlet-Icon: xyz.png
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 67593
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: D:\VC++ And Java projects\jbproject\New Folder\BORN4PURE.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Born4Pure
    MIDlet-Vendor: farhan
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0

thanks in advance

Are you kidding at us? Please see the MIDP specification or at least another MIDlet as example.

The MIDlet can not be java.lang.Class. If you created no new package in your JAR I guess it is Born4Pure. The path should be relative or absolute only to a HTTP server and not locally. The size is to large for a Nokia 6610. It has a limitation of around 63 kB.
    Code:
    MIDlet-1: Born4Pure,xyz.png,Born4Pure
    MIDlet-Icon: xyz.png
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 67593
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: Born4Pure.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Born4Pure
    MIDlet-Vendor: farhan
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
    If the MIDlet suite contains only one MIDlet it is recommend to use the same icon for the suite (MIDlet-Icon property) and the MIDlet itself (MIDlet-n property) because devices take sometimes this and sometime the other icon. Make sure your MANIFEST includes the following, too.
    Code:
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0

Re: JAD or JAr problem ...file for 6610 nokia (40 series)

hey there,
    Thanks for your reply at the forum , but what you told me i already checked that by downloading few samples from website but still i am having operation fail error, and aout java.lang in portion of midlet this not what i wrote by self its jbuilder which created a JAD file automatically for me, dont know why it wrote it , seems like still there must be missing that i am unabled to figure out.
    So could you please give me your email i wana show you my JAD and JAR file , its my first game on j2me and on emulator by using borland jbuildure where its working perfectly.
    I will be very glad if you point my bugs to correct me.( remmember i am a newbee who started work again on j2me after 2 years )

thanks in advance
    note:- other samples which were downloaded are perfectly installing without error.