Discussion Board

S60_3rd_Beta installation

S60_3rd_Beta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed the SDK , when I complie the helloworld example to validate I get this error when I run bldmake bldfiles
    WARNING: Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler.
    and I get this error when I run abld build

What I am missing ?

make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    make: Nothing to be done for `EXPORT'.
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group -f "ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group PLATFORM=WINSCW MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\HELLOWORLDBASIC WINSCW
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\ARMV5.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    cpp: C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\INCLUDE\RVCT0_0\RVCT0_0.H: No such file or directory
    ERROR: cpp.EXE failure
    make: *** [MAKEFILEHELLOWORLDBASIC] Error 33
    make -s -C \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group -f "ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\ARMV5 TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group PLATFORM=ARMV5 MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\HELLOWORLDBASIC ARMV5
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s

WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path
    <stdarg.h>
    (Sys Inc Paths "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\include\" "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\include\variant" "\include\")
    Dependency list for "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\data\HelloWorldBasic.rss" may be incomplete

WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path
    <stdarg.h>
    (Sys Inc Paths "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\include\" "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\EPOC32\include\variant" "\include\")
    Dependency list for "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\data\HelloWorldBasic_reg.rss" may be incomplete

Super Contributor

Re: S60_3rd_Beta installation

The release incorporates the GCCE toolchain, but does not install it by default. You need to run GCCE installer and set environment variables accordingly:

Look under "GCCE Build Target" in the Symbian OS v9.1 guide section of the SDK for more information, but here are the main details, copied from there (with a minor edit):

The installation program is supplied with the SDK under \epoc32\tools\distrib\arm-none-symbianelf-2005-q1b.exe. Run this program to start the installation wizard. By default the compiler is installed to C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\.

The installation wizard does not modify the Windows PATH environment variable, so it is necessary to do this manually, to add the bin sub-directory of the installed tools. For example, if the compiler is installed to C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\, then C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin should be added to the PATH environment variable.

Restart command prompts and IDEs for environment variables to register correctly.

Big thanks for the tip. i had the same problem

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: S60_3rd_Beta installation

Would you need to create a new target to use the GCCE? Currently I am editing the Compiler settings for ARMV5 UDEB of Codewarrior v3.1. I set the compiler as ARM GCCE, no entry for prefix file, Macros

__SYMBIAN32__,__SERIES60_30__,__SERIES60_3X__,__ARMCC__,__EPOC32__,__MARM__,__EABI__,__ARMCC_2__,__ARMCC_2_2__,__MARM_ARMV5__,__EXE__,NDEBUG,_UNICODE,__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__,__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__,__GCC32__,__UI_FRAMEWORKS_V2__

Arguments as
    -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp

I am not sure if I am doing things correctly because even if I can compile code without errors, I could not get a valid executable to install to the phone. The compiler is looking for an armlink.exe. If I use arm-none-symbianelf-ld.exe to link I get a "file not recognized: File format not recognized" error and I get no *.exe which I can install to the phone.

It was usefull for me as well, was looking for this solution for some time.

Thanks, I guess I replied at the long location before.

Hi,
    I am facing similar problems -

a) WARNING: Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler
    b) Also some errors in abld build -
    HelloWorldbasic.o can not be found

Despite trying to resolve the version problem as suggested by stichbury I am still getting the same warning.

How to use VC++ with Symbian Series 60 SDK 3rd Beta Version?

Please suggest solutions.

Thanx
    Infosoftin

Don't worry about RVCT warnings.

Check out Carbide.vs:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-902,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by infosoftin
    Hi,
    I am facing similar problems -

a) WARNING: Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler
    b) Also some errors in abld build -
    HelloWorldbasic.o can not be found

Despite trying to resolve the version problem as suggested by stichbury I am still getting the same warning.

How to use VC++ with Symbian Series 60 SDK 3rd Beta Version?

Please suggest solutions.

Thanx
    Infosoftin
    Yes, ignore the RVCT error.

If the path is "too" long, the compiler might not be able to find the object file. I think it is fixed in the latest SDK (official release), which is available from Nokia Forum downloads.

Or you can copy the code to some directory closer to the root.

For too long paths. It is not fixed in releas SDK. But I change scripts a little and it works for me. Here are changes that you should make:

file: cl_generic.pm

find "$ASSPLinkPath=&main::Path_Chop($ASSPLinkPath);" and add after it:

if ( ! $UseRltPaths ) {
    $BldPath = "c:".$BldPath;
    $RelPath = "c:".$RelPath;
    $LibPath = "c:".$LibPath;
    $LinkPath = "c:".$LinkPath;
    $StatLinkPath = "c:".$StatLinkPath;
    $ASSPLinkPath = "c:".$ASSPLinkPath;
    }

file: cl_bpabi.pm

find "Generic_Header"