Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Connect to Bluetooth GPS and headset?

Is it possible to have my program connect to a Bluetooth GPS receiver while the phone is paired with a Bluetooth headset? If so, is this limited to specific phones or would any Series 60 phone do it?

When I try it on a 6600, open my program (which connects to the GPS Receiver) and then try to pair with the headset, the phone says "Maximum number of Bluetooth connections exceeded" which seems pretty conclusive, but I am informed that some similar software packages can in fact do this. So I wondered if this was a feature of particular S60 phones.

I suppose I could monitor for incoming phone calls, then disconnect from the GPS, which in turn would allow the headset to pair up, then wait until the call goes away and reconnect to the GPS, but to me that seems like a very slow solution - I suspect that by the time everything had reacted the caller would have given up.

Anyone have any pointers to more information on this? I was sure it was impossible until I heard someone else was doing it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Connect to Bluetooth GPS and headset?

To answer my own question, this appears to be a function of the phone. I have an N-70 which supports this (whether you connect GPS then headset, or headset then GPS) and a 7610 which says 'maximum bluetooth connections used' for the second one. Surprising difference between these two as they have the same Symbian and S60 versions.