Discussion Board

Uploading/MMS images to Website ??

i am looking for a application in which user can upload/MMS an image to the website, is there any ??? or can someone develop it for me using Purely PHP

Regards
    Farhan Nawazish
    ferhanz@gmail.com

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Uploading/MMS images to Website ??

Doing the server-side part with PHP shouldn't be much of a problem. Even the MMS part should be OK, if you set up an email address and have "uploaders" send the MMS to an email address instead of a phone number (and if they send the images as actual email messages, then they won't even be compressed).

Just search the net for free or commercial image gallery apps implemented in PHP.

Now, depending on what you want it for (how robust, scaleable it needs to be), you might have to actual invest in the development and servers you host the service on.

Then, of course, you can take it to an additional level by creating an image uploading app to be run on phones, too (it can't be done in PHP, but depending on the phone using Java, C++, Python or other tools).

Re: Uploading/MMS images to Website ??

Quote Originally Posted by ferhanz
    i am looking for a application in which user can upload/MMS an image to the website, is there any ??? or can someone develop it for me using Purely PHP

Regards
    Farhan Nawazish
    ferhanz@gmail.com
    This is very easy to do! I have done it myself. I started with a simple uploader that just I used...Then I moved on to a more advanced package that allows multiple users to register, sign in, take care of their own accounts etc. Once setup, the user edits their MMS settings and changes the "Homepage" to point to to the correct url on my server and when you then send an MMS (to any number) it appears on the site instantly.

Check out Stefan Hellkvist's pages at: http://hellkvist.org

I have both MMSDiary up and running & also "Peffisaur". So if you have a bash and get stuck, please feel free to get in touch with me. Stefan also has his own running at http://peffis.com

You are quite welcome to register on my site - totally free of charge - and post some images. (link in profile).

They are written in php and are available free on GNU/GPL.

Hope that helps