Discussion Board

Unhappy File reading & writing help, wav file redaing help

hi

i need some urgent help regarding reading and writing files using FileConnection API and reading wave files.
    I was succesful with making program that could read or write some character in a file but, I want to write/ read arrays in file & presently have not met with any success.
    Main aim of mine is to read a wave file, create a file containg property of that wave file, & then read this file to re create the wave file.
    Can any provide me with some wave file reader/ writer source code for the j2me i.e. in which he has read properties specific to wave files.
    Also Can some1 please provide with a program in which he had created/ read files containing arrays.
    I shall be grately thankful if some one can do the favour. It sorta urgent and any help in this regard will be beneficila for me
    Also Can text files be wriiten because i observed
    when we write something (array) in a file, does file API follows its own encoding?? because i was not able to see the correct content i.e. when i wrote 12345, conents read were correct but when I saw text file that was created, it had, in my opinion some encoded characters. Am I correct that some different encoding is followed. ???

any thing related to " text file and array reading"
    I shall be extremely thanful for any help that comes
    Last edited by shubhamlahoti; 2005-11-16 at 05:28.

Thumbs up Re: File reading & writing help, wav file redaing help

hey wud plz tell me how u write a file using file handling api

Regular Contributor

Re: File reading & writing help, wav file redaing help

shubhamlahoti,
    As you might already know there are no direct wave support in j2me - in other words it has nothing to do with j2me. If you know how to read/write wave files, you can write your own thin wrapper using fileconnection or equivalent apis. If you are using OutputStream object to write to file, it does not alter the data. You also have the option to use ByteArrayOutputStream and DataOutputStream where you can pass byte arrays. But if you are passing an array of objects, you need you own logic to write/read files.

when I saw text file that was created, it had, in my opinion some encoded characters
    Can you explain that pls ? How do you view the file ? What extra chars did you see ?

Can play MP3 stream?

Hi starsinsky,

Please create your own threads and do not hijack other people´s threads. As far as I remember real streaming (not buffered) is available only for audio/amr mime type.

Br,
    Juarez Alvares Barbosa Junior - Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by juarezjunior
    Hi starsinsky,

Please create your own threads and do not hijack other people´s threads. As far as I remember real streaming (not buffered) is available only for audio/amr mime type.
    Oh, sorry, thank you for your response

I was succesful with making program that could read or write some character in a file...

could you help me?
    i have made the file browser program. but i cannot read or write some characters in a file..
    thank you for your attention...