Discussion Board

How to activate an application when a phone call is received on the device

Hello Guys,

I have been assigned a task to create an application which would get activated as soon as the device receives an incoming call

The condition for it is that the application shouldnot be running in the background

For reference purposes, I am studying the Telephony application called 'AnsPhone' on EMCC software & as far as I have understood the app. it has to be invoked first in the 'Running' mode & has to be kept in the background so that whenever a phone call comes... the application gets activated by coming into foreground

Please let me know ASAP...

Thanks,

Yogesh

Post Re: How to activate an application when a phone call is received on the device

Hi!
    No this app also runs in the foreground. But, if a call comes in, the Telephone App has top priority, so the Ansphone task has to be brought back in the foreground with BringAppToFront() .
    Besides I had some problems running the application with OS 7, the answering machine was not recording into files. It seems this app has to be modified to function correctly in newer phones.
    Hope this helps.
    cheers,
    John

Re: How to activate an application when a phone call is received on the device

Hi... thanks for ur reply

Yaa the app. 'AnsPhone' runs in foreground as well & gets activated when a phone call comes in which is very TRUE

But the application that I am talking about to design is that it should get activated when a phone call comes in... & should not be either in foreground OR background... in short it should not be running

Only when a phone call comes in, should it get invoked... pl. let me know if its possible or not

Any ideas, welcome

Let me know,
    Yogesh

Re: How to activate an application when a phone call is received on the device

Quote Originally Posted by yogesh14
    But the application that I am talking about to design is that it should get activated when a phone call comes in... & should not be either in foreground OR background... in short it should not be running

Only when a phone call comes in, should it get invoked... pl. let me know if its possible or not
    I would write a small app using a notifier and start the other app when the phone is ringing (RCall::EStatusRinging).
    An example is brought up in this forum as "How to use RCall class ?". Sorry I don't know any other solution, perhaps someone "more expert" else does. ;-)
    cheers,
    John