Discussion Board

Thumbs down Does CW31 include RVCT?

If I buy CodeWarrior for Symbian OS, Personal/Professional Edition, Version 3.1,
    does it include ARM's RVCT? Or I can only use RVCT from CW31 if I buy it separately?
    And if RVCT is bundled with CW31, can I use RVCT to build binaries
    compatible with versions prior to Symbian 8.0?

Regular Contributor

Re: Does CW31 include RVCT?

CW is an IDE and is dependent on the build systems that are provided by SDKs. You download an SDK first, install its requirements then use and IDE like CW to edit code. The proper question to ask is if RCVT is included with what SDK. With respect to S60 SDK 3rd Ed RCVT is not included and sold separately. Try installing the S60 3rd Ed SDK then check the docs there.

Re: Does CW31 include RVCT?

Yes, you're right. The reason I have that question is that I'm an owner of CW28 Personal, which bundles WINSCW compiler for debugging on Win32 emulator. You know, the WINSCW compiler comes from CW, not from S60 SDK, that's why I wondered whether the paid product (I mean, CW31) includes RVCT or not to differenciate the product from the ordinal SDK, free of charge.

Anyway, I'll download the eval version and check it.

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: Does CW31 include RVCT?

I am currently using Codewarrior v3.1. It might be possible to use your current Codewarrior. Why don't you try downloading any SDK that you want and make it work with your Codewarrior version? The reason for the things that I said regarding the previous post was I was working with the GCCE compiler provided with the S60 3rd ed. I noticed that even if the compiler was given in the package if there is no "build system" (i.e. folder structures like Thumb, ARMI, ARMV5, and WINSCW where all the required files for compiling for a given target are placed) in the SDK, you would not be able to compile anything using Codewarrior v3.1.

You can try searching for all the posts that I made regarding the GCCE compiler and the S60 3rd ed SDK =)