Discussion Board

MS Visual C++.net

Can I use MS Visual C++.net Std. for developing application in Series 60 SDK?

Thanks

RE: MS Visual C++.net

I've read that it's impossible to tompile even some examples, but I'm using it with 9210 SDK V1.2 for a while. It compiles fine. After upgrade from Visual C 6, you'l have a little work with first recompiling applications, you have once compiled with VC 6. The .NET will just ask you to remove some temp files from old compilation, just few minutes of browsing disc.
    Though I still have problems with debugging and as I've never tried it with old VC6, I cant blame .NET

Michal

RE: MS Visual C++.net

I'm trying to compile the Hello World example in the Series 60 SDK using Visual C++.net. On loading HELLOWORLD.DSW into Visual Studio, I got a message saying The project HELLOWORLD.dsp needs to be converted to the Visual C++ 7.0 project format. I clicked on Yes. Everything looked good. WhenI built the project, the compile worked fine, but the linking failed with unresolved external symbol for:
    ___CxxFrameHandler
    ___except_list
    ___EH_prolog
    and also got an error: cannot open input file "C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\EPOC32EX\HELLOWORLD\HELLOWORLD\WINS\UDEB\HELLOWORLD.exp"

Please can someone let me know how to get the link to work. I'm on a very steep learning curve, and to get the HelloWorld example working and to play around will help no end.