Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Problem with installation when OTA

When some phone mode (Ngage QD,N3650,N7610) download my SIS file to install with OTA,it can install and work well ,but there is NO item showed in "Programe manager" menu,so the user can't uninstall the application.
    This only happened in part of NGage QD,N3650,N7610 handset,not all.and if i install the application by bluetooth in the same problem handset,the item can show well in "Program manager" and can be uninstalled ok.why?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem with installation when OTA

check the install folder for your applications installation information file. It is propably having wrong name in there, and since the application manager does not find your file with sis ending it is not included into the list.

yucca

Regular Contributor

How to check the applications installation information file?can it be different of "download with OTA" and "download with Bluetooth"? this is my pkg file.is there any wrong?

; lmpbk.pkg

; Header
    &ZH
    ;&EN
    #{"LinkMobile"},(0x042EFDF4),2,11,1,TYPE=SISAPP
    (0x101F6F88), 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

; Target
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\lmpbk.APP"-"!:\system\apps\lmpbk\lmpbk.app"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\lmpbk.RSC"-"!:\system\apps\lmpbk\lmpbk.rsc"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\LMPBK_CAPTION.RSC"-"!:\system\apps\lmpbk\LMPBK_CAPTION.RSC"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\lmpbk.AIF"-"!:\system\apps\lmpbk\lmpbk.aif"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\BITMAP.mbm"-"!:\system\apps\lmpbk\BITMAP.mbm"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\cl_autostart.mdl"-"!:\system\recogs\cl_autostart.mdl"
    "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\release\armi\urel\starter.exe"-"!:\system\apps\starter\starter.exe"

it's not about the pkg, it is basically about WAP/Web page, it should identify the file name correctly when downloading it to the phone.

To check the installation information file, Just get FExplorer and browse the intall folder in the drive you installed your application to.

yucca

Regular Contributor

"it should identify the file name correctly when downloading it to the phone."
    the file name is correct.the application can be downloaded and install.
    the name is NAB-OS61-CN-V2011-D.SIS,after install,the folder is \system\apps\lmpbk,\system\apps\starter\starter.exe,\system\recogs\cl_autostart.mdl
    ,showed in the pkg file

what I meant, was check the C:\\install\\ - folder (if you installed it to phone, if MMC use other dir then) and verify that your application has installation information file there with correct sis ending.

yucca

Regular Contributor

there has no install-information-file in \\install\\ folder if it is by OTA,BY bluetooth will have the file....why??

bets me... I would suggest you to look into your OTA downloading stuff, first thing would propably be to make sure you specify the name correctly.

yucca

Regular Contributor

I am sure the name is correctly.both is NAB-OS61-CN-V2011-D.SIS.
    and puzzling me is if the name is not correctly,how it can be download?it will apear with notice "file not found"
    would u please check the WAP URL:wap.vlm.cn then download the sis for N3650,NgageQD....