Discussion Board

RE: Nokia 7650 and IR with PC suite

Hi Jimjan,
    I too am getting the same issue on a Win2k built PC using a USB infrared dongle. I can send files such as sound and pictures but it shows as no phones connected in the PC Connection Manager. Everything is configured correctly but I can not load the PC suite without the connectivity. Frustrating.. Even tried to uninstall the lot but that didn't work either... I'll keep you posted if I get any success )

I too have had the same problem with mrouter, Orange and T-mobile (UK) don't offer support with this. My IR link is using the motherboard (redirected com port 2) a header on the board. In windows 98 there in no information on what is wrong. I have tried to uninstall the data suite, however when I tried to reinstall, it the program said I had version 3.7 installed and refused to do anything (this was fixed by stripping out the data suite details from the registry) even after a reinstall it has not worked (however if I install the SDK it will reconise my old phone a 7110, but not my new one, 7650) does anyone have any solutions?? Nokia perhaps??

The IR works fine for image transfer in the 7650 so presumably mrouter is a bit picky... is there an upgrade??

Thanks I hope

i'm having problem connecting my windows xp dell laptop with integrated IR to my 7650

i have installed the Suite SW but i can't get the Phone to show up as a IR device, from your posting it sounds like you got past this can you tell me how please?

Nokia 7650 and IR with PC suite

I have a problem connecting a Nokia 7650 to my PC with PC suite installed. I have an USB -> IR dongle (Sigamtel) that I use to connect the phone. My computer seems to find the phone (it establishes a link so I can transfer files), but Nokias "mRouter" connectivity program that is installed with PC suite does not find anything on the IR.

I have tried to connect to the 7650 from a laptop with an integrated IR-port, and with that it works as it should (i.e. the "mRouter" connectivity program finds my phone, and it works in PC suite).

I would like to know if someone other has the same problem with an USB -> IR dongle, if possible. If that is a fact, then it's a general problem.

I don't have an answer, but I am having the same problem. Like you I'm using a 7650 with the Sigmatel Girbil IR adaptor (and why the ****! doesn't the Sony Vaio come with IR! But that's another story) and Windows 2K.

According to the Sigmatel site http://www.sigmatel.com/drivers.htm , you need to update the Girbil driver and also install a MS security patch.

I've done both, which got me one stage further. Now if I try to SEND an image from phone to PC, the process starts, apparently connects OK, get 'Sending data' and a progress bar on the phone screen, then it hangs. Forever.

I don't have an answer either, but I am having the same problem. Like you I'm using a 7650 but with a IRXpress USB adaptor under XP

The IR adapter can see the phone but "mRouter" refuses to acknowledge that the IR port is connected ???!!!!

any help ideas (sympathy?) would be much appreciated.

Hello jimjan, I have the same problem as you have. I think we've bought exactly the same model of USB-IR Bridge (Sigmatel). I found out that the driver disc that came with the USB-IR package is not up-to-date. I visited the web site of sigmatel and downloaded a newer version and after installing the new driver, my phone was able to communicate with my PC thru IR. The new driver is a zip file (1.44MB in file size). I do hope this help could help you out.

im jumping on the bandwagon! ive got a Mobile Action MA620 USB-Infrared adapter - it works fine, i can send files both ways 'tween PC and 7650 using the wireless link in XP or just marking all files in the 7650 and sending them via infrared. however, when the PC detects a connection, the mRouter says connected in the infrared line, but then encounters an error and shuts down, with the usual "send error report" etc under XP - any advice? cheers

i had this problem and i solved it just recently when a poster from a diffrent forum sent me new drivers for my USB2IR (sigmatel) the drivers replaced winXP internal drivers and it is now working just fine!!!

if anyone wants those drivers just e-mail

Liron Kaneti
    kanetil@pob.huji.ac.il