Discussion Board

6682,6620,6600 - Zoom Control, Flash Control, Brightness Control

Hi all,

We are looking for a sample j2me code to use the the camera zoom, flash and brightness of the picture. Does the phones 6682,6620,6600 support mmapi which enables controling the zoom, flash ... features of the phone. Never the less, if any one was successfull in controlling these features on any phone, pl. let us know the details and also sample midlet if any.

Regards,
    Nagendra

Regular Contributor

Re: 6682,6620,6600 - Zoom Control, Flash Control, Brightness Control

Nagendra,

Please forward any resolution you discover on this issue via reply to this thread or direct eMail to dmanpearl_at_imatte.com.

I also need to adjust camera brightness in J2ME on a Nokia 6682.

- Sincerely, David Manpearl

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: 6682,6620,6600 - Zoom Control, Flash Control, Brightness Control

These kind of controls are only available via Advanced Multimedia Supplements API (JSR-234), which will probably be available in one of the new S60 3rd. edition phones.

Daniel

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: 6682,6620,6600 - Zoom Control, Flash Control, Brightness Control

Nokia 6682:

Here at iMatte http://www.iMatte.com we have tremendous need to resolve image quality issues with VideoControl.getSnapshot() and/or obtain answers to pressing questions such as JSR-234 availability.

We have been comparing similarly lit and aligned images captured directly with the camera against images captured at the same 640x480 resolution within our MIDlet by getSnapshot(). In every case the quality is reduced in the getSnapshot() images, the dynamic range is lower, and importantly to us, the blue component levels are degraded. It is imperitive that we resolve this issue.

Furthermore, we have been unable to capture 1280x960 images using getSnapshot().

The Nokia Developer Forum has been extremely useful, but I have been unable to contact an individual at Nokia with whom I can discuss options, strategies, and prognosis for increasing the quality of captured images. Please contact me directly at dmanpearl_at_imatte_dot_com. I will summarize findings on this forum.

- Sincerely, David Manpearl