Discussion Board

Wrong header sent in N6600 email.

Hi,

please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I have written an MMS Uploader 'blog' where people can join and MMS daily pictures. This all works great, but some people can't MMS direct to my site (iMode users) and so there is an emailing option.

I have a Nokia 6600 and I have tried emailing an image but for some reason, it didn't display on the site. I sent the same email to my home address (pc) and had a look at the headers. For some reason, the phone is sending the image as text/plain:

Code:
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Content-Disposition: attachment;
    	filename="Image001.jpg"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    But when I send an email from, say, Thunderbird to my site, it works fine and the header says:

Code:
    Content-Type: image/jpg
    Does anyone know how I can correct this within the phone? I'm not really sure how I could develop the software on my site to take account of this so it would really need to be on the phone side if possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - and thanks for any help.

Neil.

Super Contributor

Re: Wrong header sent in N6600 email.

Not an expert on this, but I don't think it is necessarily the phone that's generating the MIME headers when you send an MMS to an email address, but the operator's MMSC server. Or does it work OK with other phones sending MMS to email addresses and only works like this on the 6600?

Do you get the correct headers if you don't send the picture as an MMS, but set up the phone to send it directly as email, instead?

Hi petrib,

thanks for the response. It works ok with other phones including Samsung D500, Sony Ericsson K750i & T610. It appears to be just the N6600. It's only when emailing an image that it does it using the actual email messaging (not MMS message). If I create a new MMS and send that to an email address, it works fine.

Does that make sense?

Cheers again!

Super Contributor

Then it might, very well, be the Messaging app's fault on the 6600. Does it work, if you use, e.g., ProfiMail on the phone (http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index....er=profimail)?

What firmware release on the 6600 (on the standby state "dial" *#0000#)? Maybe a newer version fixes the issue, I don't know.

Other Nokia phones you could try to see if it makes a difference? Or post a temporary email address here and ask people to send things to it from different phones, to see the results.