Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to read SMS from Phone using AT command

Hello All.

I am able to send SMS from my application using AT commands but I am not able to get replies to SMS into the application. I used AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0 without any error but it still does not redirect SMS replies to PC. I tried this using both Nokia 9300 and 6260 and same thing happens. What could be wrong? How can I receive SMS in the application? Thanks.

Ghost

Re: How to read SMS from Phone using AT command

hello dear ghost,
    i m doing project on sending SMS from PC to mobile through internet using java. i m student and cant purchase the server or software available.
    is there any code which i can use to demonstrate in college?
    i read ur mail and i think ur solution can help me. will u pls send me ur detailed solution? can u give me ur email id? so that i can contact u for my doubts
    if not in java then VB code will also do. pls send the solution within two days.
    plsssssssssssssssssssss helppppppppppppppppppppp.

Hello GhostXP.

I think thats the wrong AT command you are using.
    cool_dost_riya
    Using the Internet or using a cell phone? You can send SMS and recieve it if you connect a phone to the PC. Using internet is a bit of a complication... for one thing the Service Provider should allow this service.

I think you are from india .. in which case Hutch-Orange and Airtel provide this service. All you need to do is to simply send the SMS as a mail to +91mobilenumber@serviceprovider.com ... the mail address varies from one service provider to another. ITs not really much of a project if you ask me. You might have more of a project if you try to connect a phone to the system and then get it to work.

I did work on a similar project both in Java and .NET

Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by xclone
    Cipher
    Hi xclone
    i am doing my final year project and i am still on the propsal phase !
    could i get more details about your project and the coding you have use in .NET becouse i need my project to be an internet application with integration of SMS technology.

icsoman@hotmail.com ( This is my email)
    Thanks in Advance

Well I would be glad to help you out. What exactly do you want to do?

Cipher

thanks xclone

i need to develop a web application on PHP and Mysql
    with implementation of SMS technology ( Tow-Way SMS ) where the user send sms to my Phon# and that message will stored in Mysql DB
    and also i need the application to send the SMS to users through php code.

Dear members,
    Can you please tell me how can we backup the SMS messages on the PC using Bluetooth or MMC. I have a nokia 6600.

How to read SMS from Phone

hi
    i was able to send a message from a cell to cell
    i'm trying to read message ,but all sended messages goes to inbox
    i cant to read them online by my api.

please help me
    thanks

kmoieni@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by xclone
    Hello GhostXP.

I think thats the wrong AT command you are using.
    cool_dost_riya
    Using the Internet or using a cell phone? You can send SMS and recieve it if you connect a phone to the PC. Using internet is a bit of a complication... for one thing the Service Provider should allow this service.

I think you are from india .. in which case Hutch-Orange and Airtel provide this service. All you need to do is to simply send the SMS as a mail to +91mobilenumber@serviceprovider.com ... the mail address varies from one service provider to another. ITs not really much of a project if you ask me. You might have more of a project if you try to connect a phone to the system and then get it to work.

Cipher
    My project is like you to (after a movement detection My application should send the image via the phone and I would add an API who let the PC be commanded via SMS like execute a system alarm.) for this my application should extract the image from the DB and communicate with the phone (sending/receiving) file.
    Here you can find my e-mail I know that it’s strange to ask this but I’m a student from Tunisia and my project of end of study progress slowly Day D(1/6/ 2007), would you like send me any information who can help me about this project and i give you my word to send you my report and my final application.

Hatem Hammami

Hammamihatem1985@hotmail.com

Best regards,

Hello all,
    when I connected my mobile to the PC and opened a connection through hyperterminal. I once I sent the command: "AT+CNMI=1,2,0,1,0", when I received a sms on the mobile, the information (pdu format) was displayed in the hyperterminal as well.

My real problem is: I have developed a Java applications that can send AT commands to my device but, How can I store this information sent back by the mobile when it receives the sms since I dont know when is it gona arrive?.

Is there any api that already does this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi jilko,

I'm just about to develop a java-application sending AT-commands to a gsm-modem. Could you provide me some help in doing this?

1. which api do you use sending the AT-commands? (maybe javacomm??)

2. Could you provide some samplecode or codesnippets for me, because by now I don't really know how to start!

Thanks in advance for your help

Greets Alex Haag

Quote Originally Posted by ghostxp
    Hello All.

I am able to send SMS from my application using AT commands but I am not able to get replies to SMS into the application. I used AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0 without any error but it still does not redirect SMS replies to PC. I tried this using both Nokia 9300 and 6260 and same thing happens. What could be wrong? How can I receive SMS in the application? Thanks.

Ghost
    Hi, Ghost,

With the information given it is difficult to tell whether you have a modem problem or it's just the way you call your AT commands. If you are on a Windows platform, have you tried using Hyperterminal before writing any code? I am not using Nokia but after the appropriate modem initialization sequence on my GSM modem, an XDA11 (O2), I am able to send as well as GET any incoming messages from it. I emphasize GET because unless you are using a process that waits for a modem event to occur, you will not receive anything. I am also using AT commands. To determine the proper sequence of AT commands, I had to use Hyperterminal and understand what was going on between modem and terminal first. Anyway my Java application uses inputStream.read() to try to get messages from the modem. It calls that function every second. If any SMS message comes in, my application gets it from the modem using the aforementioned function. I hope this helps.

Smile Re: How to read SMS from Phone using AT command

Hello Everyone. I am a College Student and I am having my thesis right now. I need your help guys. My thesis was all about Prepaid Loading System with through the use of SMS. I am having a problem in accessing the Smart Menu. I don't know which AT Commands to use in order to access the menu. Is the message center is the default number of the service provider? Will you please help me to find which AT command can access the smart menu. Please help me anyone? Thanks! I was hoping for your reply.

Smile Re: How to read SMS from Phone using AT command

By the way i am using Nokia Phones as the receiver and the GSM/GPRS Modem is the one who will receive the SMS message, it serve as a gateway. Please help me find the way to access the sim menu. I search about sim toolkit application but i was having a problem and it was error. I was using Visual Basic 6.0 as my programming language. Please i need your help.

Hi Guys,

I'm working on a vb program that send and receive sms. Can you give me some points where to start. SDK Version, some VB code will be gladly appreciated. Thank you very much folks.

Cheers,
    June