Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Is there a way to make a sort of screen saver to the communicator, i.e. a w

Is there a way to make a sort of screen saver to the communicator, i.e. a window that will come into focus when the user has not used the communicator and will disappear when the user presses a button?

Regular Contributor

RE: Is there a way to make a sort of screen saver to the communicator, i.e. a w

This can be done by writing a low-level module, which can capture all key pressed events. The CCoeFep is the class to start with. Switching from the background to the foreground and vice versa can be triggered by calling the TApaTask::BringToForeground() and the TApaTask::SendToBackground() methods respectively. However, there could be a risk that such an application may conflict with or be disabled by the built-in screen saver. Another approach can be found through implementing a daemon-like server (an application without GUI) that observes inactivity timers. As soon as inactivity timer launches, the server will launch a GUI that implements the screen saver. When pressing any key, the screen saver will be closed.

Regular Contributor

RE: Is there a way to make a sort of screen saver to the communicator, i.e. a w

I would like to warn that such screen saver that is running all the time can cause a situation, where the power saving features of the cummunicator will never be turned on.

Regards,
    Marko