Discussion Board

Very Strange: System "Menu" disappears after installation

This is the most strange error I have even encountered, and it only happens with Nokia 6630-6680-6681-N70. The thing is right after installing my program the sysem main "Menu" which is the applications Menu disappears and the phone returns to the standby screen (desktop) and when you press the Applications Key the Menu seems to open but then it just closes immediately. But if you uninstall the program, everything is great, the thing also is that the program is working perfect.

And really UID of my application and AIF and all these possible causes are not valid, because everything is correct there.

The thing is, that error happened to me once before and I solved it through changing some values for controls in the .HRH file while I know that we should start controls from 0x6000 not to make confusion with system resources and it worked but now it doesn't seem to be the same.

Please help me, it's really critical and my project should be delivered.

Thank you very much in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Very Strange: System "Menu" disappears after installation

The behaviour you describe is not something I've heard/read of before. If it only happens when you install your own app, then it must be something in it that causes it.

What it could be is hard for anyone to say without more information, without seeing your app (what it does, what calls it makes, how), unless someone else has experienced the exact same behaviour otherwise & figured out the cause of it.

One way to start narrowing down things: strip out functions from your app until the problem goes away. Once it goes away, you know the problem is somehow related to the code/functionality you removed.

Re: Very Strange: System "Menu" disappears after installation

Thank you very much for your help.

The thing is that happens before the application starts at aaaaall, so it's nothing to do with the functionality, because if I create a recognizer and make the application run, I can see it in front of my own eyes and it's working perfect, all fnctiionalities are going great. So it seems to me like this:

After installation when the system sends the application to be shown in the sysem "Menu" the system "Menu" refuses it for some reason, and it seems like it's something to do with the resourses allocated to the application after installing it.

Thank you.