Discussion Board

Sip 3rd Edition beta sdk

Hi,

I am trying to get a sip example to compile on the 3rd edition beta sdk. I notice that in the release notes for the sdk it lists "SIP Client API"
    "SIP Client Resolver API", "SIP Codec API", "SIP Configuration API", "SIP Profile API" and "SDP Codec API" as being "New or fundamentally changed APIs".

Trying to compile my code would seem to confirm that many of the Api's have been changed as I get errors on my code which used to compile with version 4 of the sip plug-in. The errors are related to missing or changed header files. I would be interested in hearing from any forum nokia experts on weather there is a sip example available for this sdk or if there are plans to make one available soon. I would also be interested in hearing if anyone else has had success in getting a sip example to compile and run for the 3rd edition sdk

Thanks.

Re: Sip 3rd Edition beta sdk

After messing around some more with the sip api it seems that most of the changes are minor. I think the reason for the inclusion under "New or fundamentally changed APIs" in the release notes is because the api was previously available as a plug-in, and not part of the sdk.

The blocker in getting an example running at the moment is that I have no way of creating a sip profile. The sip settings app is not present on the emulator (as stated in the release notes) and it seems the Managed Profile API is also missing. I noticed another post on the same topic which got no response so I guess I'm not the only one with this problem.

I noticed sipprofiles.dat in \c\System\data\ on the FP2 sdk which seems to be the database used for storing sip profiles, however copying it to the 3ed sdk doesn’t seem to work.

Any Ideas ?