Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Unhappy GCCE compile with CodeWarrior - a link problem

Hi,
    Command line compile with GCCE succeeds and a working SIS file can be produced. However, GCCE compile with CodeWarrior 3.1 does not seem to work so fine.

I'm using cw_project_template_v4.xml shipped with S60 3.0 Beta SDK to import mmp-files to Codewarrior. The problem is, that all the .lib files (STATICLIBRARY in mmp) in the project producing and EXE are linked as .dso like they were dlls. Such files do not exist and therefore linking fails.

Since GCCE command line build produces no .dso files for lib and succeeds, it seems that .dso files should not be needed for libs. I'm assuming there's a problem in the project template - does anyone have solution or is there any other way than the project template to make the building work?

I'm trying to get the TRK debugging work so compiling only with command line is not an option.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: GCCE compile with CodeWarrior - a link problem

It sounds like you are saying that CW is adding .dso files to your project and they don't exist? What is the actual link error you are getting? .dso are just EABI format versions of .libs and should be used for your project. The import scripts perform this for you (the template you are using is correct but that's not where the libs come from, it's ide_cw.pm).

If you _really_ think this is a CW import bug, you can always import the bug and set your global debug preference to build before debugging to "None" or "Ask", this way when you try to debug with TRK it will take yoru cmd line build.

Cheers,
    Tim

Regular Contributor

Hi HennaI,

i am trying to build using the commandline and it does not produce *.dso file to. But however, with me they seem to be needed as there is no exe built at the end. Can you tell me exactly what commands you use to build successfully for GCCE?

Thanks, Marcel

Hi all,

this issue was not solved and I'm stuck on that.
    I don't have problems building my project from the command line, but I need to build from CW 3.1, because I need to try debugging on device.
    I include a static library and CW complains that it doesn't have the corresponding .dso file, because I found no way to produce it for a static lib.
    Building the static lib project produces a .lib output but no .dso file.
    Is there any workaround to avoid the missing .dso problem?
    Thanks,

Diego

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by loquendo
    Hi all,
    I include a static library and CW complains that it doesn't have the corresponding .dso file, because I found no way to produce it for a static lib.

Diego
    It sounds like you have a STATICLIB keyword in your MMP file, but it's being added as a .dso. Just remove the .dso reference from your CW project and then add the .lib (just drag and drop it from the explorer to the project.)

If that's that case there was a known bug with this keyword in some SDKs (S60 3.0 I think but was fixed in the MR and FP1).

Tim