Discussion Board

how to auto hide when the application is opened and not in use

hi All,

i need some suggestions from you all, I have my application opened and working fine in eery aspect of it. I need ur suggestion say when the application is opend and the user doesn't do anything for sometime ,my application should check that there is no event for a while and it should autohide itself. Can u suggest how to move forward for this kind of situation.

Reagds,
    mateen Maldar

Re: how to auto hide when the application is opened and not in use

how to auto hide when the application is opened and not in use

hi All,

i need some suggestions from you all, I have my application opened and working fine in eery aspect of it. I need ur suggestion say when the application is opend and the user doesn't do anything for sometime ,my application should check that there is no event for a while and it should autohide itself. Can u suggest how to move forward for this kind of situation.

Reagds,
    mateen Maldar

Regular Contributor

Re: how to auto hide when the application is opened and not in use

The way I'd like to do it would probably be to start a timer for the desired interval, the result of which will be a call to send the application into background. Every time something happens, user presses a key, whatever, reset the timer so it starts again.

In reality it might be easier to write a date/time in a global variable and periodically check it, as soon as it becomes 'x' minutes in the past send the application to the background.