Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Convert Binary Data(sent in XML file) to an image file

Hiiiii

I want to know that How to convert the binary Data to an image file .

A. NET server is converting the image file to binary data and sending it through XML file.
    I need to receive it thru HTTP Post and convert it to the image file .(Mine one is Symbian app).

Plz help mw eout
    I hav ebeen stucked

Thanx

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to Convert Binary Data(sent in XML file) to an image file

have a look at CImageDecoder (2nd platform) it should help you to convert the image buffer to a bitmap image.

If you want to do a file, then in case the binary string is already in some format, then just save it to a file and it should work.

Anyway, in both cases remember to check if the binary data is encoded (for example using base64) somehow, and if it is, you need to decode it before processing it.

yucca

Thank you

But CImageBufferedDecoder or CImageEncoder/CImageDecoder ,these APIs converts to.from bitmap format.

But I need to convert either from binary data or from base64 encoded dat

I am giving the data(for both binary and base64encoded encoded) of an image

Byte:xFF00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Base64encoded value: U3lzdGVtLkJ5dGVbXQ==

Waiting for your help
    Thank You

Nokia Developer Expert

in case you are getting it with Base64, then you need to decode the base64 first (answers for doing this should be available on this forum already also). either way you end up with binary data that is your image, and the format depends on your servers logic. So in case it is one of the recognized formats by the phone, you can use this binary data directly by saving it to a file, or if you want to show it on the screen, then use it as a descriptor buffer input for the image converters.

yucca

Hi
    I tried it by saving the byte code directly to both in .jpg file and .txt file, after that i used CImageDecoder to decode it to bmp but it showed me error.
    What should I do ?
    Thank u

Hi,

I tried to decode the base64 encoded image using symbian base64 class, the same code works for text data but for this image data it gives an empty destination buffer.

Any clues?

S.

Angry Re: How to Convert Binary Data(sent in XML file) to an image file

hello friends,

i am having the same problem but that is in text, i have connected my mobile to software for recieving and sending sms and it is saving the english sms in text but hindi sms in Binary Form like Binary=1;DCS=8;Data=0915093E091A091F, how i will decode this back in hindi, someone please tell me. it's urgent

Regards

Simranjit Singh

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    in case you are getting it with Base64, then you need to decode the base64 first (answers for doing this should be available on this forum already also). either way you end up with binary data that is your image, and the format depends on your servers logic. So in case it is one of the recognized formats by the phone, you can use this binary data directly by saving it to a file, or if you want to show it on the screen, then use it as a descriptor buffer input for the image converters.

yucca
    hi man,

i have an Image recieved from web services with Base64 format and i need to convert or decode it to binary data that i can save it as jpg format or use CImageDecoder to convert it to mbm, but i can't fine the the API that i have to use to convert from Base64 to binary data, have you any information where i can find the solution ?

thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Where did you search from, I would recommend next time checking out our wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...g_and_Decoding

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Where did you search from, I would recommend next time checking out our wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...g_and_Decoding
    many thanks to you man

Hi,

This might be very old query but still am not getting the solution. I have the same problem.

I am getting the hexa data from the XML file :--

data:-- like this
    <photo>/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAEAlgCWAAD//gAfCAkKCwEAAwEBAQEBAQEBAQAAAAAAAAECAwQFBgcICQoLEAACAQMDAgQDBQUEBAAAAX0BAgMABBEFEiExQQYTUWEHInEUMoGRoQgjQrHBFVLR8CQzYnKCCQo60XCxF5ZJ4xVCGSRkdaBieWCvSgREibTntTY2J60WER3A70WGVwMZixdW/GgZNZ9fxpjF1D7y/hSYwm/49VqWMr23U1LEypd/fH1qQNe3/48PwNSxmEPv1myjSg/1dQxiHqakYq00A6mB//Z</Photo>

and after convert using base 64 decoding(by using following link http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...g_and_Decoding ) i am getting:--

è’Çn Ësõ  NÔ
    @A#–éÀ¦G
    1 I=¨”×<S¹^ÛN$?sþïøÓØM›'“H“Å € ƒƒHbæ % €@ @ @ GÚ˜‚€€(ݨ(A  €`/Z (Gj x&€44ÍVãNŸÌð?‰OFúÕ'ÜG¡húݶ¥îßl€e£n£ühhWO¸SÉ=*FoÙÀùAÇÖ€,4‡&˜¯¯môø×2l^écè4€áõ¿O©“~êØuosþ_°„ç­HM % Z Bh
    ¥ .h†
    )^ô P0 BPPZb@(hë@ Š p )€´€^ÔÀ( (ËÞ€;Sþšî—Ñf_›±ÅTDzL_ññÐÿ *–2eû¬) ó÷ GT„y߉]ßV”;³m9Å7°ÌFêj J'z­ ½ 2@ ! bP!Ã¥!‹@ ) ÐPÿÙ

But it would be like:------
    ÿØÿà
    starting from this i guess. I get this this my decode through one of the website but not getting from the symbian code. How do i decode the data like this. Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
    Last edited by SecondInnings; 2011-08-18 at 10:09.

Any suggestions please

Nokia Developer Expert

if the base64 decoding does not give you right data, then do check what actully happens on the sending side.

Nokia Developer Moderator

http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp suggests that your data is correct ("ÿØÿà�JFIF�"... from that JFIF header I guess it is a JPEG file).
    Make absolutely sure that you really decode the /9j/4A... string, without the <photo> tag, or any extra garbage.

Thanks for the reply.

Exactly thats i m saying data is correct.

If i decode it through the website it give me correct data. But if i use the symbian function....

as:-
    void CXmlHandler:oBase64Encoding(const TDesC8& aSourceData, TDes8& aEncodedData)
    {
    TImCodecB64 b64enc;
    b64enc.Initialise();
    b64enc.Decode(aSourceData,aEncodedData);
    }

it gives different data which is not supported for jpeg. Is there any issue in the function or something wrong thing i m doing??

Thanks,
    Last edited by SecondInnings; 2011-08-18 at 12:04.