Discussion Board

Problem Using Hang Up

Hi,

Iam using HangUp function to hangup the Incoming call that is defined in RCall. But HangUp doesnt terminate call immediately and incoming call number is displayed for some milli seconds on the screen. Which method shall i use to terminate the call immediately so that i can even avoid displaying the number on screen for milli seconds.

Could any one please help regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

--Santosh

Super Contributor

Re: Problem Using Hang Up

hi santhosh

how is devesh and all well ur using Rcall to Handup but the incoming call has the highest priority in symbian .When a new call comes it terminates all the hangs scheduled tasks and processes the call first. Try to lower the priority after the call and make the kernel not to respond for the call event

ok
    regards,
    Mateen maldar

Hi mathin,
    How are you? Devesh is fine and doing well. Thanku very much for your help. could you please elaborate the point you have mentioned "Try to lower the priority after the call and make the kernel not to respond for the call event". Since iam new to symbian and i don't know much about kernel level programming. I mean

1. How to lower the priority after the call??
    2. How to make the kernel not to respond for the call event????

Thanks in advance
    --Santosh

Hi Santosh,
    i am using Hangup method to reject the incoming call. but i am getting the display of incoming number on the screen some milli seconds. may i know how to resolve this issue? its very urgent for me.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Regards,
    Ramakrishna.

Super Contributor

hi ramakrishna,

remember me mateen maldar here of saven tech .Well for the hanging up the tube keep a notificer and make it wait for some other display as an workaround solution. But symbian treats incoming call as highest priority so try to lower the priority of the call as soon as u receive an incoming call and u can make just blink for a while and go.

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar.

Hey matin,
    nice to see you here. may i know how to lower the priority of incoming call. plz send me reply as soon as you saw this post. and one more thing, while blocking the incoming SMS, i am able to delete the incoming msg, but getting sound. plz let me know the solution.
    Regards,
    Ramakrishna.

Super Contributor

Hi RamaKirshna,

Well for lowering the proprity check the etel APi's header file there is a option called EPrirorityLow,
    and
    EPriortityHigh as far as i remember ,
    and regarding the incoming sms and deletion the sound will be there as soon as the incoming message comes coz that the default behaviour of symbian .So the work around for it is as soon as u receive the sms make the profile silent but this is hard to do.But possible and furthur is u can use SetVolume(0) in the audio player file.

might work not sure ok.

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar

Quote Originally Posted by mateen_maldar View Post
    hi santhosh

how is devesh and all well ur using Rcall to Handup but the incoming call has the highest priority in symbian .When a new call comes it terminates all the hangs scheduled tasks and processes the call first. Try to lower the priority after the call and make the kernel not to respond for the call event

ok
    regards,
    Mateen maldar
    hi mateen , I can't understand what did you mean by " Try to lower the priority after the call and make the kernel not to respond for the call event " .. can you please explain more ?

and also i can't find EPriorityLow in etel.h file .

thanks in advance .