Let me report some very grave issues I encountered around my 6680.
BUGS IN NOKIA PC SUITE 6.7 ENCOUNTERED IN COMBINATION WITH NOKIA 6680
· I made a full backup with Nokia PC Suite 6.6 before an intended firmware update from 3.04.37. After the update I wanted to restore – but this was not possible AT ALL! I downloaded v6.7 and could install most of the data and settings BUT...........:
· After the full backup made with v6.6 and restored with v6.7 the contacts are NOT restored although the log says they are!!! SO ALL CONTACTS ARE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very, very bad! Luckily I had taken precautions alongside the backup by using ContactsManager from www.agora.cz and had copied the resulting *.csv file to the PC first. After restoring from ContctsManager all contacts with a short dialling code were lost hwoever.
· The phone still simply shuts down spontaneously. This is really very bad, too.
· The list order of the menu items is restored in a totally confused way. It takes a lot of time to bring all the items into the right order again. Why is there no option to simply order the items alphabetically?
· The display brightness setting is not restored.
· When the contact list in the Nokia 6680 is empty (e.g. after a failed restore attempt) and the list in the PC Suite is full/OK, there is no direct way to send ALL contacts to the phone. One has to open anyone single contact in the Suite and then update this single one which will induce a total synchronization from the Suite to the Nokia.
BUGS IN 4.04.07 AFTER UPDATING FROM 3.04.37
· The firmware update destroys all data and settings including even some licences (in my case eFileman (Psiloc) and Resco Photo Viewer). Incomprehensible.
· Short dialling key allocation is not possible anymore (it worked fine in 3.04.37). Nasty.
So in all, this is a list of really very serious and simply unbelievable issues that should be addressed immediately. The PC Suit simply does not backup decently (it should work like a drive image softwarem, simply working bit for bit) and the firmware update does not bring any advantage to the 6680 as far as I could see except the suppression of the yellow hue in flash images.