Discussion Board

9210 Communicator Mac Connectivity Software

Why is there no Mac OS compatable connectivity software for the 9210 Communicator?
    There was a mac suite 1.1 for the 9110

RE: 9210 Communicator Mac Connectivity Software

I agree! I just purchased the 9290 communicator (full well knowing that there's currently no Mac compatibility) and will never be able to use it to its full potential without being able to synch it to Microsoft Entourage.

While *I* like to live on the bleeding edge, my colleagues at work aren't quite as impressed with the "half-PDA" functionality. Makes it hard for me to evangelize this otherwise excellent phone to my co-workers.

Nokia and/or 3rd party developers- WE NEED MACINTOSH COMPATIBILITY!

(I do *not* work for nokia, my e-mail address is so I can keep track of replies)

Regular Contributor

If there is great enough demand, SDK will be created for MAC OS. Currently there is not enough need for the Mac OS compatible SDK.

Developer Support
    Forum Nokia

Build it and they will come. And I'll be first in the queue.

How do you guage demand for a product that doesn't exist? All of my friends and colleagues use Macs (advertising and design), but none will follow me to a 9210 because there's no connectivity...and that means no easy back-up for data - so you're losing sales to Palm. Crazy!

Please add another one to the demand. I was told that Nokia would be bringing out a Mac version of PC Suite in the first quarter of 2002. That was part of my decision to buy a 9210 at the end of 2001. I feel very let down by Nokia and will certainly bear this in mind in any future purchasing decisions I make. If its made by Nokia, I won't buy it until Mac Suite is available!