Discussion Board

File upload through Wap 2.0 XHTML

Is it possible to use <input type="file".../> to upload a cameraphone snapshot through a multipart form in xhtml?

This is a generic question, obviously the phone would need to support xhtml and have a cameraphone.

I am developing with browser simulator right now and the site wont be visible through a true gateway for some time...just want to know if its possible or if I should use another method for the upload.

Re: File upload through Wap 2.0 XHTML

for this ...the phone should support file upload profile

Quote Originally Posted by varunkrish
    for this ...the phone should support file upload profile
    How can we detect this with php or asp?

Thanks.

http://www.developershome.com/wap/wapUpload/

check tis link awesome stuff...

Lightbulb Re: File upload through Wap 2.0 XHTML

Quote Originally Posted by binarymax
    Is it possible to use <input type="file".../> to upload a cameraphone snapshot through a multipart form in xhtml?
    There exist this http://www.mocito.com/mocito_avm/xhtml

This guys have a working file upload thru a xhtml form. i've been testing this with a sample form, but i'cant make it work in the Serie 60's Nokia 6600, because it don't show the "browse" button for the <input type="file" field.

my code is just like this

HTML Code:
    <input type="file" name="filefield" />
    but i've just make it work's in the model "SonyEricson W800", where actually shows the "browse" button... And that works automatically with the cammera of the phone.

If anyone have any idea of why is not working for the Serie 60's (or maybe is just a problem for the Nokia 6600), please tell us (me) know

(Sorry about my poor english)

Thanks,
    Claudio N.
    ---

The W800 has support for the multipart/mixed mime type where as the 6600 doesn't.

Check the HTTP_ACCEPT Headers or the phones UAProf for the Multipart Mime type.

If a phone doesn't support the Multipart mime type then it won't be able to upload a file.

So check for this before rendering the form on the page.

I think this mime type is also file upload support :-
    application/vnd.wap.multipart.mixed

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Simon AT Wapple DOT Net
    Last edited by SimonThomas; 2006-06-27 at 18:39.

Nokia 7610, the wap 2.0,and support multipart/mixed,But It could not upload file.

through wap2.0 upload file by browser.

connection==Keep-Alive
    host==www.***.com
    accept==application/x-mbook-kcome-umd, application/vnd.byread.brm, x-epoc/x-app270565748, audio/wav, audio/x-wav, audio/basic, audio/x-au, audio/au, audio/x-basic, video/mp4, video/mpeg4, video/3gpp, application/vnd.rn-realmedia, audio/amr-wb, audio/amr, audio/mp3, application/sdp, audio/sp-midi, audio/x-beatnik-rmf, audio/midi, audio/aac, audio/mpeg, audio/3gpp, audio/mp4, application/java-archive, text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor, text/html, application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml, application/xhtml+xml, application/vnd.wap.wmlc, text/vnd.wap.wml, application/vnd.wap.wbxml1, application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc, multipart/mixed, application/x-javascript, text/ecmascript, application/x-nokiaGameData, , text/sig, application/vnd.symbian.install, audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin, audio/x-pn-realaudio, audio/mpegurl, audio/x-mpegurl, text/x-co-desc, application/vnd.oma.dd+xml, application/x-wallet-appl.user-data-provision, application/vnd.met.ticket, application/vnd.nokia.ringing-tone, text/vnd.symbian.wml.dtd, application/vnd.wap.wbxml, application/java, video/3gp, audio/rmf, audio/x-rmf, audio/x-midi, application/x-java-archive, application/vnd.oma.drm.message, application/x-x509-ca-cert, text/plain, text/X-vCard, text/calendar, text/x-vCalendar, video/gsx, application/ogg, text/css, image/*, */*
    accept-charset==gb2312, iso-8859-1, utf-8, iso-10646-ucs-2; q=0.6
    accept-language==zh-ch, zh, en
    cookie==COOKIENAME=OOOOO44OOOOO44OOOOO43OOOOO47OOOOO49OOOOO50OOOOO45; JSESSIONID=5B9AB32E061EF05A6F9E051814EC4C99.ajp13, COOKIENAME=OOOOO44OOOOO44OOOOO43OOOOO47OOOOO49OOOOO50OOOOO45
    Via==(infoX WAP Gateway), HTTP/1.1, Huawei Technologies

Super Contributor

Hi,

S60 2nd Edition, Feature Packs 2 devices was the first ones which support Content Upload. So, example 6600 doesn't support, neither 7610.

-tum-

Regular Contributor

How do I get the UAProf from the server side via PHP?