Discussion Board

Exclamation Send SMS from PC to NOKIA 3120

I am doing project for my company, a visual basic 6.0 software that has features:
    * can send SMS from PC to Nokia 3120 GSM and Nokia 3100 GSM. I used standard AT commands and trial components like ActiveXPerts,AceSMS,StrongCube,SMSLibX but it doesn't work.

Anyone can help me ASAP?
    I heard that Nokia 3100/3120 doesn't support AT command. So how will I send SMS from my PC????

Thank you very much.

Andy Wang - Indonesia

Re: Send SMS from PC to NOKIA 3120

i'm having the same problem with you too. by the way if you just want to send sms from pc to nokia cell phone (i used nokia 3120) used pc suite s/w. the software is an aplication software, so you could not modified it, at least thats what i felt. from another web site i read, nokia 3310 could be used as gsm modul for sms gateway by adding nokia data suite 3.0 driver to the pc, but i couldn't find the driver as far. in case you find the driver please contact me. by the way "saya juga dari indonesia - bandung". doing sms gateway apllication for my final project.

Quote Originally Posted by sentrasoft View Post
    I am doing project for my company, a visual basic 6.0 software that has features:
    * can send SMS from PC to Nokia 3120 GSM and Nokia 3100 GSM. I used standard AT commands and trial components like ActiveXPerts,AceSMS,StrongCube,SMSLibX but it doesn't work.

Anyone can help me ASAP?
    I heard that Nokia 3100/3120 doesn't support AT command. So how will I send SMS from my PC????

Thank you very much.

Andy Wang - Indonesia
    Hi Dear !
    i m also doing my final year project where i have to send and receive sms from nokia 3100 . plz help me, if u have done ur project successfully. i'll be thankful to u. i don't have enough time to develope it. plz give me any suggestion of vb code where to start this project.

Let me try and answer your questions.

Do you need to receive SMS? If you need to receive SMS, you will need to host your own GSM device or modem so that people can send you SMS.

If not, you can just use internet SMS gateways like clickatell to do the work, and post to them by HTTP, XML or email. The cost is about 6-8 cents per SMS. There are cheaper services, but not always reliable. If you need to host your own GSM device, you can use software like http://www.kannel.org (GPL Open Source) or http://visualtron.com/enterprise/sms-gateway.

Regards,
    SMS Gateway@Expert