Discussion Board

Sync Application. What's it ? How to use it ? New comer to 7650

Hi All,
    I'm beginner to my new Nokia 7650. I just installed SYNC application from its bundled CD. But it seems very usefull, but too bad I don't know how to use it or even I don't know what it's used for.
    Please help me, anyone who knows even a bit about this application or may be where can I find a detail information about this application.
    Thanks in advance, all input will be much appreciated.

RE: Sync Application. What's it ? How to use it ? New comer to 7650

Same here. Installed the SyncML application on my 7650 but I dont know how to use it. Im currently syncing my Ipaq contacts, calendar, tasks etc etc to my desktop PC. I would like to do the same with the 7650...well atleast synchronize the contacts.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello!

It is a SyncML client to Series 60 platform. It can be used to sync contacts and calendar data over the air to SyncML server. It can't be used to sync locally (e.g. over IR or Bluetooth), only WAP connecion is available. Please see see following URL for more detailed information and list of SyncML enabled servers: www.syncml.org

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi archie1810,
    The remoteSync app for your 7650 is a pathetic cop out on behalf of nokia. We have all coughed up serious cash for a peice of kit that was advertised as having bluetooth and syncML. What wasn't said in ANY literature was that local sync (ie the only really useful type of sync as we don't all have a syncML server sitting at home but do have a PC or Mac) wasn't supported.

They have all the necassary ingredients needed to make this THE phone, but no, they fell at the last hurdle - too bad
    BTW i'm seriously considering sony ericsson's T68i (which has a full BT/SyncML implementation), i've used nokia for the last 7 years but this has just wound me up. they could so easily release a firmware upgrade and make us all smile but i think they will just continue to roll out new phones that we will be required to spend more cash on. fat chance!

There is good news, for the Cristmas
    Check this site right after holidays www.mightyphone.com
    Thay announced to support 9210, 7650, 3650 by this time.

Good Luck!

Things getting even beeter then promised!
    SyncML synchronization service is now available for Nokia 9210, 7650, 3650 at www.mightyphone.com
    Welcome to try new expirience!