I'm struggling to install the Eikecho example from S60 3rd Edition SDK on my S60 phone (Symbian 9.1).
What I did so far:
- compiled components in CodeWarrior (-> dll and exe)
- manually created pkg file, including the dll, exe and needed resource files
- used makesis to create SIS file from PKG file
- used makekeys tool to create .cer and .key files (self-signed certificate)
- used signsis tool to sign SIS file with key/cert generated above
When I try to install the resulting sis file via PC Suite (USB connection), the installation process looks fine. Even the progress bar for "Installation..." shows up and runs to 100%. Then, there is a pause of several seconds and a window appears, telling me "unable to install" without any additional info. Afterwards, none of the files given in the PKG are installed.
Does this behaviour ring a bell for someone? Anything I could have missed? What could I check?
After reading some posts in the forum, I suspect that the UID might the problem. In the mmp file for the exe I have:
UID 0x100039CE 0xA0004851
In the mmp file for my dll I have:
UID 0x1000008d 0xA0004853
In my PKG file I have this SIS file header:
Anything obviously wrong here?
thanks for any help,