Discussion Board

Thread: Please help!

Unhappy Please help!

I'm currently at university and I need to complete a final year project. My plans are to great a PC desktop application to communicate with the mobile phone via cable or Bluetooth by using the 'Nokia PC suite' as the connection between the PC and mobile. What I need the application to do is bring up the address book and SMS folders so a user will be able to add, modify and delete. The programming language will be using is Java and the phone I have not got yet.

The questions I need answered are:

1. What would be the idea phone to accomplish the above criteria?
    2. I need some example code to look at as I'm new to wireless programming?

Can someone please help with this as I really don’t know how to access the phones filling system?

Hope to here from someone soon,
    Pete.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Please help!

You take a look at the PC Suite Connectivity API at Forum Nokia web site and you'll have plenty of code samples on how to integrate PC Suite with your desktop applications.

Daniel

Unhappy Re: Please help!

Thsnk you for your post.

I've been using this tool for a couple of days now. The problem im having with it, is when i was using the .net environment only a handfull of the .dll files work and from what ive seen only the older type of phones (6100) work with the functionality. Is there nothing else with sample code for the newer mobile phones e.g. S60 edition 2 platform - 6680, 6630, ect...

Hope to here from someone soon.........