Discussion Board

How to receive RTP packets and depacktize it?

hi guys,

I am a student at Latrobe Univeristy in Australia. I am doing a project about mobile teleconferencing. I need to implement the RTP over J2ME.
    But, I am getting trouble with it. Any one can help me ? thanks

Does anyone know how to receive RTP packets? The server(asterisk) send me the RTP packets. I need to grab it and depacktize it as normal audio format then play it. Anyone knows this? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks, its urgent. or emai me: maodean@hotmail.com

Good Luck

Dean

Re: How to receive RTP packets and depacktize it?

It's me again. right now. I can depacktize the RTP packets. then convert it to the byte array. but, I don't know how to play it. because at the same time, one thread needs to receive new packets, one needs to play it. So, when the first one receive, then it needs to pass to another thread to play it. however, in Java, it sounds it is impossible to copy the content of array. If you do like
    Array A, Array B;
    A = B;
    then if a receive new bytes, the original A which is played in second thread also will be changed. so .....

The above is what I am thinking now. any comments, or I got some wrong ideas. Please let me know, thanks.

Dean

Re: How to receive RTP packets and depacktize it?

hy,
    I'm a studentin belgium and I'm also looking for how to receive RTP packets with J2ME. Could you give me some sugestions if you've founde something? you can e-mail me (n_tshibanda@yahoo.fr)