Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

40 series and HTTPconnections ..???

hi there people ....

can anyone explan why my application doesn't wok on the 40 series mobiles ..?????
    am using an httpconnection to retrive data ... when i tested it using the emulator and internet connections it workd just fine .... but when i tested it using the mobile ... no data resived ..??????
    whats wrong than ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: 40 series and HTTPconnections ..???

You have to used Internet access points for you application to work. Wap access points won't do it.

Daniel

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dcrocha
    You have to used Internet access points for you application to work. Wap access points won't do it.

Daniel
    it worked fine when i changed my request from GET to POST ...
    wired right .. till now i have no idea what was the problem ..

thanx for your reply

-- by the way 40 series doen't sapport internet it sapports WAP gateweays only ....

Regular Contributor

I had a problem like that with the series 40 6230 and 6230i, and also the solution I found was to change the request from POST to GET (yeah it's not quite the same as your solution )
    Actually, I found that the problem came from our server, because it didn't recognize the content-type that I set in the request, when it was in POSTmode. It seemed that when in GET, the content-type I set (let's say "foo") became something like "text/plain, foo", and not the expected "foo", whereas in GET, everything was alright.
    My problem came from the "Content-Type" header that I didn't type with the two uppercases (I used "content-type", which waswrong)... And then everything was fine, whether it's in GET or POST

I suggest you to download the series 40 6230i emulator, you can view the emulator request contents, headers and so on... That's how I noticed the problem.
    Hope it helps!