Discussion Board

howto send data via Bluetooth(JSR-82) to a Notebook/PC

is it possible to send MIDlet data as a File (e.g. a .CSV File) from my jsr-82 enabled bluetooth-cellphone to my notebook?

currently when looking up BT devices with the SPP profile the notebook is NOT found. which profile do I have to use? any other ideas?

Hans

OBEX-Push Profile (OPP) » new UUID(0x1105L);
    Most computers allow to disable this service, however this is the way. 0x1106 is FTP (OBEX + XML) and should not be used for simple push operations and have to use a target header in your connect operation (and exchange XML objects if you want to navigate within the remote folders).

If your Nokia has JSR-82 without OBEX, have a look at a Java OBEX package. Please note the restrictive GPL license of this one which requires your whole MIDlet to be GPL, too. However, it is quite easy to replicate similar.

By the way, if you are new to J2ME, MIDlets and Bluetooth, I recommend to start with a book or tutorials rather than code examples as you will have to debug a lot on your own. There are a lot of bugs, tweaks and lessons to be learnt. Bluetooth is complicated. I do not have a good J2ME book at hand right now, however, start with the references of this one for JSR-82 (perhaps your library has its previous edition) or read at least the PDF coming with the specification. If you like to start with tutorials, continue here…
    Last edited by traud; 2009-08-06 at 08:00.

Re: howto send data via Bluetooth(JSR-82) to a Notebook/PC

tanks for the hint with the avetana obex package.

and for your information: I did use the search function ;-) Obviously I was searching the wrong key words because I did not find useful results.