Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Linkage error (Urgent)

Hello,

Error spawning 'link.exe'.

some one can tell me how can I overcome and fix this bug error??

I have restarted Visual Studio.Net and did not help.
    Restarted also PC and did not help...

I could not find in google any thing that helps also ...

but I know that my environment could not activate the linkage process and the reason (I do not know why)...

Other prjects are ok and no problem....

Thank you,

Super Contributor

Re: Linkage error (Urgent)

You do not provide enough info to tell. Basically there is a problem launching the linker but this could be lots of things. The real issue can be easily found in the Output window or Build log just before the message, check that error message and fix accordingly.

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: Linkage error (Urgent)

Hi,

Here are the errors:-

C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(41): error: the file 'aknqueryvaluetext.h' cannot be opened
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1420): error: undefined identifier 'MAknQueryValue'
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1444): error: undefined identifier 'CAknQueryValueText'
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1445): error: undefined identifier 'CAknQueryValueTextArray'
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(41): error: the file 'aknqueryvaluetext.h' cannot be opened
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1420): error: undefined identifier 'MAknQueryValue'
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1444): error: undefined identifier 'CAknQueryValueText'
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\epoc32\include\aknsettingitemlist.h(1445): error: undefined identifier 'CAknQueryValueTextArray'
    c:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_Beta\MyProjects\Bemused\Client\src\BemusedControlContainer.cpp(408): warning: variable / argument 'aEventType' is not used in function

Thank you,

Super Contributor

Quite obviously linking will fail as long as the compilation of the consituents fails. Fix the code so that it compiles, before that linking will not succeed.

Regular Contributor

Hi

It is very clear that I have to fix these errors. but I can not understand these errors and I could not even fix them.

Thanx,

Regular Contributor

take for example the first error:--

aknsettingitemlist.h(line41) has include of aknqueryvaluetext.h - but why can not be opened??

Thanx

Just make sure that you are compiling the project on the correct active "device".
    If you have more than one Symbian-based SDK, in command prompt issue "devices" command and ensure that the correct SDK is tagged with "--default" token in its output.

Typical mistake when one tries to build a project for one SDK (for example, 2nd Edition) while having different SDK (let's say, 3rd Edition) as "default device". This leads to build toolchain being confused and it mixes up all the headers, paths and etc.

Regular Contributor

Thank you,

Actually - I have SDK-S80 series and SD-S60 3.0beta version.
    But when I have imported my project - I made sure to configure the SDK Configuration Manger to S60-3.0beta and also tp build it for symbian9 project and not classic.

How can I make sure that the project is build to the required SDK???

Thanx

Super Contributor

How you code is for the different SDKs varies to some degree. So you need to know what SDK the code is intended to work with and then either:
    - use the corresponding SDK
    or
    - modify the code when there are differences and then use the SDK corresponding to the modified code.

Eg. code developed for the S60 2nd edition SDKs will not compile with either the S80 nor the S60 3.0 SDK unmodified. If you need information on what the diff's are then check out the documents on this, a number of those are available for the doc's section.