Discussion Board

Disappointing place...

I gave up the hope that any of my (mostly RFID SDK related) questions will ever be answered her.
    I would at expect at least some Nokia people to try and help out here... but they seem not to bother...

It is also a bit annoying that in the few occasions I tried to answer somebody's question, nobody bothers to give some feedback.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Disappointing place...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchlab
    I gave up the hope that any of my (mostly RFID SDK related) questions will ever be answered her.
    I would at expect at least some Nokia people to try and help out here... but they seem not to bother...

It is also a bit annoying that in the few occasions I tried to answer somebody's question, nobody bothers to give some feedback.
    At this time we do have some holes in discussion board moderators and such and as a result not all questions are responded too. I am now overseeing this and will find and train moderators for these dicussion boards. either post a link here or send me a link in private mail for the message thread where you got no response and I'll see if I can find an answer or give you directions on where to look.

Ron

Ron

It would be great if you could negotiate a realistic Li Server licensing fee... or am I dreaming!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzil_e
    Ron

It would be great if you could negotiate a realistic Li Server licensing fee... or am I dreaming!
    I don't know about that, I'm kind of new here to be sticking my toes into Licensing Fee's Why don't you bring this to my attention again in 6 weeks or so, I might have better contacts by then and at least can bring this to peoples attention.

Ron

Hello Ron,

AFAIK there are a lot of developers that are very frustrated about the Licencing terms of the LI Server... As well as the (non) responsivenes of Nokia in respect of all related questions. You would be treated as somewhat of an hero, should you manage to establish real, interactive communication between these developers and Nokia in this matter.

- Jibbox

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron
    I don't know about that, I'm kind of new here to be sticking my toes into Licensing Fee's Why don't you bring this to my attention again in 6 weeks or so, I might have better contacts by then and at least can bring this to peoples attention.
    Well, some weeks have passed; it would be great to hear some news about the licensing terms or - even better - an SDK which can be used without the LI server.

Have a look at this, notice there is no mention of LI

Yes, You are right, there is not a word about Li-server, but when you buy RFID SDK(yes You must buy it, it's not free) you'll see that each user needs his/her Li-server licence and it does not matter if you using LI-server or not.

Does anybody know how to get RFID shell work without that SDK?

Escoli

Quote Originally Posted by escoli
    Yes, You are right, there is not a word about Li-server, but when you buy RFID SDK(yes You must buy it, it's not free) you'll see that each user needs his/her Li-server licence and it does not matter if you using LI-server or not.
    That was for the old sdk, the new sdk is for the payment and ticketing version of the shell. There's no mention of having to have Li-server licences anymore, well not in the one I bought and I was assured by Nokia that this was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by karlgreenwood
    That was for the old sdk, the new sdk is for the payment and ticketing version of the shell. There's no mention of having to have Li-server licences anymore, well not in the one I bought and I was assured by Nokia that this was correct.
    I find it hard to believe that. I think they just renamed the LI server to Service Manager server. And you still need licenses for it at the same price (even when not actually using the server).