Discussion Board

XHTML MP and scripting on the client side.

HI.
    I'm developing (or at least trying to develop) an application where I sends out a wap push to the user which links to a xhtml mp-page with a form. When the user enter submit the information they fills in will be sent back to me.

What I would like to do is some kind of validation of the information that they sends back to me BEFORE they sends it, so that if some of the information is not valid, they can fix it before they sends the response.. Both cheaper and time-saving! I have read that ECMAScript can be used to validate information on the client side, but I have also read that xhtml mp do not support any kind of scripting.

This is making me a bit confused, and I'm hoping someone here on the forum can make things a bit clearer for me; is it or is it nok possible to validate information on the client side? And if it is possible to validate information, how do I do it?

Thank you in advance.
    Marte

Super Contributor

Re: XHTML MP and scripting on the client side.

Hello!

When XHTML MP came to do devices it was said that client side scripting is not possible anymore like it was with WML and WMLScript. Of course it was possible to make link from XHTML to WML and use WMLScript after that.

ECMAscript was created to solve this problem that it was not possible to use scripting directly with XHTML. So, u can use ECMA with XHTML MP.

-Tum-

Ok. Good to know. Thank you
    But do you know where I can find a good example of ecma-scripting? I've been searching the web for days without any luck... Since I can not use any kind of script-tag in xhtml, how do I link it to ecmascript?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by krishnamohan_519 View Post
    Thanks Krishnamohan, but that post you just bumped up is more than 4 years old!! It would be more helpful to others if you answer contemporary ones