Discussion Board

6310i & Palm M130 connectivity

My bluetooth-enabled M130 recognizes & lists the Nokia 6310i but the 'phone does not - I get the 'no devices identified' message every time. I have pored over the FAQ's @ Palm & Nokia, downloaded every bloody handbook, but am still none the wiser. Do I need different software on the Nokia? All advice greatly appreciated
    Jon

RE: 6310i & Palm M130 connectivity

I have the same problem. I cannot search my friend's T39 while he can.

I bought 6310i mainly for the connection of my bluetooth-enabled Palm m515. I cannot pairing those devices. I think Nokia can fix this problem by upgrading OS or something.

I'm very disappointed. I was thinking the 6310i model is the best choice for me. If I knew this problem sooner, I'm surely will choose T68i.

Regular Contributor

You should establish the connection for dial-up networking always from the Palm side. The Nokia phones is searching only for devices which are able to work according to the Audio profile (headset etc). So just search with your palm and establish the connection from there.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Do the pairing from Palm to Nokia in advance, not during the first DUN procedure.
    After that you can use the DUN from Palm to Nokia 6310i.

For more convenient usage you can also go to Nokia 6310i's Bluetooth menu -> 'paired devices' and make an authorization (trusted relationship) between your Palm and Nokia. After that you get DUN connection from Palm to Nokia without accepting the connection from the phone.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Some of the issues here can be resolved with a software upgrade from the Nokia 6310i 4.07 to 4.80. specifically interoperability issues with TDK devices.

I just got my 6310i, and have a Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth card. But I can not get the two to communicate. Is there anything anyone know what I must do ??