Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unable to find code examples and docs for IM API in S60 3rd Edition SDK Beta

Hi !

I am using Series 60 3rd Edition SDK Beta . I would like to use the IM (Instant Messaging) API that comes with the SDK . However, I cant find any code examples or documents explaing how to use the IM API . It would be great if you could point me to some location where I get code examples and documentation for using the IM API .

Thank You

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to find code examples and docs for IM API in S60 3rd Edition SDK Beta

There should be on example application about IM:
    <install dir>\S60Ex\IMOpenAPIExample\

-- ile

Super Contributor

Re: Unable to find code examples and docs for IM API in S60 3rd Edition SDK Beta

Hi,

Did you tried it? Can you post here some comments? Which protocol it uses?

Regards,
    STeN

Hi,

I would also like to use this example (IMOpenAPIExample). In the documentation says "use a compatible IM server". What is an compatible IM server?

Would be good if Nokia could change the documentation policy and first start explaining what an example exactly does and how it can be configured, before explaining about class design, etc. Yes - I am aware that this will costs more time to document the examples as the documentation seems to be generated directly from source code.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Super Contributor

A "compatible IM server" would be one that's compatible with the "Wireless Village" instant messaging specification (was rolled into OMA, Open Mobile Alliance with WAP Forum, etc., a few years ago).

One such service on the net, if it is still there (I didn't check) is http://wwww.yamigo.com