Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Specify output directory in carbide.c++ express

Is there a way to specify the output directory for the compilation process? One thing I need to specify is the place where the .rsg file should be generated. I have several build configurations with different resource definitions which result in different .rsg files. This causes a lot of problems if there is only one target location for this file.

Best Regards,
    Bernd

Regular Contributor

Re: Specify output directory in carbide.c++ express

Just after posting this I found the different target path settings in the project properties and I set them to "${ProjDirPath}\target-classic" but if I do a clean and a rebuild this path is nowhere to be found in the console output. And the target directory exists but remains empty.

Nokia Developer Expert

I think what you want is an option to specify header location output? What you are trying to modify is the binary output location (the rsc file in this case.).

If you could just specify a relative path to epocroot or a full path where you want to output your RSG file would that work?

Cheers,
    Tim

Regular Contributor

My problem is that I have at least a prduction build a testing build with logging and a few additional menu items for testing. Both builds are targeted for the phone so they generate the same files.

So what I currently do with CW is to specify a target directory in my project and put the files there. There is no need to have these files in the SDK directory somewhere.

The problem with the not working target directories was that I created an UIQ 3 project and it seems that the support for this SDK is somewhat broken. With the S60 fp2 SDK I was able to change the target directories but it is always appended to the EPOCROOT.

Absolute paths are also not a real option for me because I different computers for development and the drive structure is different on my laptop and my desktop.

Best regards,
    Bernd

Nokia Developer Expert

OK, I just want to clarify I understand. You want something to specify like you originally stated, just for header files:

e.g. ${ProjDirPath}\myHeaders\

So, by default it would go to \epoc32\include\ or you would be able to specify a full path or resolvable symbol to a full path?

Thanks,
    Tim

Regular Contributor

Yes, that is what I want to do, but the header was only an example. It should work for all output files. Here is what I would like to have:

Target-release:

Include:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-release\myHeaders\
    Resources:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-release\myResources\
    Binaries:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-release\myBinaries\

Target-logging:

Include:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-logging\myHeaders\
    Resources:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-logging\myResources\
    Binaries:
    ${ProjDirPath}\target-logging\myBinaries\

This is how I'm currently working with CW 3.1. With this I can build the .sis file from the target-xyz directory and can be sure not to get any files from another target.

All this path entries should be relative to the current project. With this it would be possible to move the project to a different directory without having to change absolute paths.

Best Regards,
    Bernd