Discussion Board

Intercept WAP Push with a specific application ID

Hi all,
    i am developing an application to intercept WAP Push messages with a specific application ID.
    These messages are directed to the standard WAP port (2948), are delivered to mobile phone through SMS bearer, and are not saved in Inbox folder.

My questions are:
    A)How can I intercept WAP Push messages with a specific application ID, if other handlers for this Application ID are on the phone?

B)Is it impossible that a WAP Push message, with a defined application ID, could be handled by two or more ECom plug-in objects inherited from CPushHandlerBase?

C) If two or more ECom plug-in objects for a specific Push Application ID are on the phone, how the default resover decides the object to call?

To solve my problem, i have followed different approaches:
    1)The use of a class inherited from MMsvSessionObserver or the use of the CWapBoundCLPushService class seem to be not suited for my purpose.

2)I have Implemented an ECom plug-in object that derives from CPushHandlerBase class. I have specified my Push Application ID in ECom IMPLEMENTATION_INFO “default_data” field; My object implements the interface with ID = KUidPushHandlerBase.
    In this case the WAP PUSH messages are received from my plug-in if no other handlers for my Push Application ID are on the phone.
    From my investigations, I supposed that when a Push message with a specific Application ID arrives on the phone, only one Push Handler is called
    by the default resolver of Ecom Framework.

Thanks in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Intercept WAP Push with a specific application ID

hey hi..

were u able to achieve this..if yes..can u please let me know what approach u took for the same?

Cheers
    mayank

Hi,
    just few questions:
    how to format default_data to store application id ?
    I mean, "x-wap-application-id:myidstring" or just "myidstring" ?
    Can be debugged in emulator?
    I'm quite sure to have a correct plug-in but is't no rised when a wap-push arrive...

thx
    ale

Hi,

I'm new to WAP PUSH, how i can get wap bootstrap message?
    Please tell me..