Discussion Board

Unhappy MMC Locked on 6230. Please help me!!!

I'm desperate finding a solution for this problem. I have a Nokia 6230 with a 32mb MMC. When I try to acces card memory, i have to enter a password, because my card is locked. Though, i never entered a password for using the card. I don't know how to acces it's memory. I've tried a lot of things to format the card, but none of them worked. I've tried to insert the card into my digital camera, but my camera sais that the card is unreadable. This card isn't the original one, but it worked before. Please help me!!!

Super Contributor

Re: MMC Locked on 6230. Please help me!!!

If the card is locked with a password in Nokia 6230 it´s not really much you can do except format the card with a forced erase so the card is totally formated. This is nothing all phones can do but if you or someone you know have a Nokia 9210i with SW 6.00 you should be able to do this.

Otherwise you need some other equipment that does the same thing. You can find that enhancement e.g. from here:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/mmc.htm

This is not a phone feature. It is the specifications of MMC that doesn´t allow any content to be accessed without a password.

10x damn_delicious.... I have a friend who has a card reader and I will try to format the card with his help. I hope this will work, because I don't have any alternative. I don't know anybody who has a 9210i, and that equipment from the link you gaved me it costs 15 £ and with that money I could buy another MMC. Another reason is that I'm from Romania, and it will cost more (taxes, VTA etc.). If you had the same problem and you tried formatting the card with a card reader, please tell me it works. Thanx again for giving me these informations.

Super Contributor

A normal card reader will not be able to format the card since it will ask you for the password. If you can´t afford the equipment that I adviced or have a 9210i I actually do not know if you can unlock the MMC card anyway. Since this is not relating to the phones so much I advice you to have a look on a forum for memory cards and see if they might give some better suggestions.

One great forum for memory cards is www.mobymemory.com (and then you need to browse to the forum on that page).