Discussion Board

N70 Themes/Wallpaper

I have downloaded some new themes, but when I set them as my current theme it retains the previous wallpaper. How do I remove wallpaper completely so I get the benefit of the full theme?

Hope that makes some kind of sense!

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: N70 Themes/Wallpaper

Hi sweebs! Welcome To Nokia Discussion Boards!!

May be you could give a try with restarting your phone after installing the theme.

Hope that could help.

Regards
    Gopal

No, that doesnt work.

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: N70 Themes/Wallpaper

Find file c:\system\data\backgroundimage.mbm using FExplorer and delete it then restart phone or restore the theme to be default at themes manager?
    Last edited by rulirahm; 2006-02-27 at 08:48.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    Find file c:\system\data\backgroundimage.mbm using FExplorer and delete it then restart phone or restore the theme to be default at themes manager?
    Where on earth do I find FExplorer?

Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    If I do that it will completely delete the wallpaper. All I want to do is set my phone so that it has no wallpaper, so when I set a theme I dont end up with it ruined by a wallpaper on my phone.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sweebs
    I have downloaded some new themes, but when I set them as my current theme it retains the previous wallpaper. How do I remove wallpaper completely so I get the benefit of the full theme?

Hope that makes some kind of sense!

Thanks.
    When you select a new theme it should change the wallpaper and use the themes wallpaper. If this doesn´t happen can try to go to:

Menu -> Settings -> Themes -> Select your theme and press 'Options' -> Edit -> Wallpaper/Background -> Check if it says 'Standard' or 'Userdefined'. Change it back to 'Standard' if possible.

If the last thing is not possible you should be able to select 'Reset Original Theme' after you have pressed 'Edit' and then you can select your "new" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by damn_delicious
    When you select a new theme it should change the wallpaper and use the themes wallpaper. If this doesn´t happen can try to go to:

Menu -> Settings -> Themes -> Select your theme and press 'Options' -> Edit -> Wallpaper/Background -> Check if it says 'Standard' or 'Userdefined'. Change it back to 'Standard' if possible.

If the last thing is not possible you should be able to select 'Reset Original Theme' after you have pressed 'Edit' and then you can select your "new" theme.
    Thanks for the reply, but I have tried all of that, and none of it works.

Super Contributor

Is your current wallpaper an operator one? Is your phone branded? Otherwise I recommend that you contact an authorized Nokia servicepoint and have your phone checked.

No the wallpaper is not an operator one. The phone is with Orange, so its probably to do with them! I have emailed them to check. As you say, it may be a case of going to a Nokia Service Point and downloading their settings to remove the Orange ones.

Sweebs.. i have same problem as you!! Have you had any luck in resolving the issue??

You need to disable/remove the Orange HomeScreen option. On my N70, this is done by going into Tools | Settings | Phone settings | Standby Mode, and then disabling the Orange Homescreen. This the the bunch of icons that are down the left hand side of your standby screen.

Once you have disabled the Orange Homescreen and restarted your phone, your themes will work correctly.

If there is no option to disable the Orange Homescreen, you should update your firmware using the USB cable.

Hope this helps!

Joe