Discussion Board

Nokia 9300 software update

hi,

i use to have a nokia 9500 but sold it cuz the phone get froze all the time so i thought there is a problme with the phone and now i have the nokia 9300 and its still doing the same thing, whenever i talking to somebody and keep on changing the lines or something it get freez and nothing happens untill i turn off the phone and remove the battery.

i need help regarding that, i tried to contact nokia but no info yet and i tried to look all over the internet but i couldn't find anything which solve my problem.

is there anyway that i can update the software, right now i dont know what version of symbian do i have but if there is any one who can help me out regarding this issue i will really appreciate it cuz i really like this phone and i m a true nokia fan.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia 9300 software update

Perhaps is some application you may be installing that is causing the phone to freeze?

Daniel

Thanks for ur reply i really appreciate it.

actually i bought this phone like couple days ago, i haven't installed anything in it in fact i removed some of the unwanted softwares like french dictionaries etc etc but haven't installed or uninstalled anything on the phone neither system files. but still it get freez...

so is there any software update available for this phone?

Super Contributor

If you've just bought the phone and don't mind wiping anything you've put on it so far, it may be worth doing a factory reset to see if that helps.

I think the codes for a reset are *#7370#
    followed by the generic lock code 12345, but if they aren't your Nokia dealer should be able to advise you.

However, if you do this, anything you've put on the phone (contacts, appointments etc) will be lost. Also best to do it when the phone is plugged into the mains, or has a full battery.

If that doesn't help, it sounds like you should maybe return it to where you bought it.

Super Contributor

To reformat a 9210/9210i/9290/9300/9300i/9500:
    http://my-symbian.com/9210/faq/showq...aq=2&fldAuto=6

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REPLYING ME. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY HELPFUL.

I am sorry but i still didn't get the answer to my question. my question is:

IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I CAN UPDATE OR UPGRADE THE NOKIA 9300 SOFTWARE, Suppose whatever software it is using right now can i upgrade it to a newer version?

Regards

Nokia Developer Expert

Sure, take your 9300 to the nearest Nokia Technical Service office and they will upgrade your firmware to the newest version.

Daniel

Thank you so much guys for your help, i will try contacting nokia usa and lets see if they can help me out upgrading the software.

Regards