Discussion Board

Can 6620 use 2gb MMC?

Can my 6620 use a 2Gb MMC?

What about MMCplus?

thanks

Re: Can 6620 use 2gb MMC?

Here's the story so far.
    I call Nokia and they say "official support is up to 256MB but we have heard about people sucessfully using 1 and 2 GB MMC cards"
    I get a 2 GB card from Transcend. When I put it in the phone, it seems all functions except basic call in and call out are dead (joystick doesn't work, no messaging, no log, no camera, no apps). I think that maybe there is something crucial on the old mmc card. But when I try to run it without any mmc card at all, everything is fine except two apps and some video that I had on the old card. So something about the new mmc card is upsetting the phone. I tried reformating the card via a card reader from a pc. Doesn't help. I can't reformat it from the phone because all apps and functions are dead (unless someone knows a keyboard code that could work).

Any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Lightbulb Re: Can 6620 use 2gb MMC?

-Try to run phone with 'safe mode' (hold the pencil key while booting).
    -Maybe u've a corrupted MMC. I ever heard that 2GB MMC works fine with Nokia 3650. Try to browse ur MMC using "7tools partition manager" (Windows s/w). Put ur MMC in card reader, run 7tools. If u see a red sign with ur MMC drive on 7tools, then u've a corrupted MMC. U've to delete all, create new partition, format and make it active. Finally, put ur MMC in ur phone and reformat it again with ur phone.
    Good luck.

-or for the fastest way, try to format ur MMC with Nokia 9210 or Digital camera.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Ok, ive read this and i seam to have a problem like this. I just bought the Nokia 6620 and also a 2GB TOPRAM MMC+ Card. Now, i put the mmc in the phone and the phone works just ok, all the funtioncs, etc.

Now, the problem is, i cant open anything storage on the mmc from the phone. If i put a mp3 or a pic from the computer with the card reader, i cant open it in the cell phone. Also if a take a pic with the phone and storage it in the mmc directly, i cant open it.

Plz if someone knows whats wrong, or can help me to make this MMC work.
    Thanks.

Oh, ive already format the MMC with the phone, and its the same.

I experimented and talked to different people and it looks like 1GB works fine but 2GB is very buggy. I switched to 1GB and have had no problems since.