Discussion Board

Angry N70: lot of problem

The firmware of my N70 is V2.0537.1.7
    18-09-05
    RM-84
    For a lot of operation my phone write on display: memory full!
    I'have the phone from only one week and it's empty of software, the memory sometimes is full also when i try to read simply an sms, is noto possible!
    What's the new good release of the firmware that i must to upgrade?

Thank you very much, piraz

Super Contributor

Re: N70: lot of problem

Hi piraz01! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

I guess the memory full error might be due to some applications running in back ground. Please press the "Menu key" for a while then the applications running in back ground will be listed, try closing some of the applications. If still problem persists, give a try with restarting the phone.

Regards
    Gopal

Unhappy Re: N70: lot of problem

Thank's for the answer.
    I'm not a new user of this type of phone, I've another nokia6630 with Symbian Os and with no problem.
    My N70 is empty of installed program and when I check the free memory with FExplorer it's 32000KB.
    I've a question:
    It's possible that the problem is on the memory reader in the phone (hardware or software I dont' know)? I mean, this problem are frequently when I read or write an sms, my sms are stored in the memory card and not in the memory of the phone.
    Now I'm trying an other memory card for to verify its integrity.

Everyone had the same problem also with other model of symbian phone?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by piraz01
    Thank's for the answer.
    I'm not a new user of this type of phone, I've another nokia6630 with Symbian Os and with no problem.
    My N70 is empty of installed program and when I check the free memory with FExplorer it's 32000KB.
    I've a question:
    It's possible that the problem is on the memory reader in the phone (hardware or software I dont' know)? I mean, this problem are frequently when I read or write an sms, my sms are stored in the memory card and not in the memory of the phone.
    Now I'm trying an other memory card for to verify its integrity.

Everyone had the same problem also with other model of symbian phone?
    Thank you.
    Which operations are you receiving that message with?

If it's SMS related, how many SMS have you configured your phone to save? Click Messaging/Options/Settings/Other/No. of saved msgs. I think the default is 20 - mine is 999. You can here alter `memory in use` to phone/card. This might help.

How are you seeing "32000KB" with FExplorer? I can only see 21521KB in C, and another 1831KB in D. I thought my phone had 32megs, so I'm not sure I trust it. What do you get when you move select a folder in the menu and choose Options/Memory Details/Phone Memory? Mine adds up to roughly 32megs that way, and you can see exactly where the memory is being used.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Hi!
    My N70 has the same problems of Piraz01. Already installed last version of sw from Nokia assistance... The problems are the same.
    I have a memory card of 1GB, used 300 MB. I start the cell and I can do only 1 operation (find a number in phonebook, look for an image, send an sms). To do another operation, I have to restart the phone!!!
    I checked the phone with antivirus: nothing.
    I tryed to buy another memory card, to format this and transf by pc only the folder mail, to save my sms. Nothing... nothing...
    I'm wondering if it is a problem of hw components.
    Please, let me know if someone can help me.
    Thanks a lot.

Super Contributor

Hi Elisalsa! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

I feel your question is more of an end user kind. Please note that this is Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards. It would be better if you may raise your question in Nokia end user support section. Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support .

Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Ok. Thanks a lot for the infos. I go on with my research! Bye.

hi.my n70 have a problem of resend while sending sms.when i switched it off then on then sms will send.i did flashing on it bt after 1 wk same prob arisies.i also format my mmc card and never uses bluetooth.plz reply

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shayanshonu View Post
    hi.my n70 have a problem of resend while sending sms.when i switched it off then on then sms will send.i did flashing on it bt after 1 wk same prob arisies.i also format my mmc card and never uses bluetooth.plz reply
    check the posy #6, and follow the links.