Discussion Board

What sdk do I use for content development for Nokia 3230

Hi All
    I am a beginner to building .sis for the Nokia 3230. I would like to package a flash lite game I have produced but cannot seem to find the sdk need to build my sis. The sdk I am looking for is s60 2nd edition FP1. Where can I find this or has there been an update? Can anyone help?

Super Contributor

Re: What sdk do I use for content development for Nokia 3230

The SDK to create .sis files for the 3230 is the S60 2nd Edition FP1 C++ SDK (you can find it through, e.g., the http://forum.nokia.com/3230 page, or http://forum.nokia.com/series60). Note that there are different versions targeting different development environments (CodeWarrior/Carbide.C++ Express or Microsoft Visual Studio).

However, if you build a Flash-Lite game, you also need to have the phone user get and install the Flash-Lite player on the phone (it isn't pre-installed). In other words, it isn't enough if you package the .swf file in a .sis file.

The problem is I have tried the sdks on the nokia forum for the nokia 3230 and they seem to have errors when I try to install them. Tryed the codewarrior one and borland one. I am using winxp sp2. Is there another sdk I can use to make a .sis for nokia 3230? Can anyone help here?

Super Contributor

Do you see errors downloading the SDKs, or installing them? In either case, what errors are they, exactly (post the errors word-for-word as displayed on your machine)?

In any case, you could use more or less the tools in any Symbian/S60 C++ SDK version to make .sis package/installation files for the 3230.

I'd still like to re-state you that the 3230 doesn't include a built-in Flash-Lite player, so if you make a Flash-Lite game, it will be useless on the phone, if the phone user doesn't obtain (not free) and install a Flash-Lite player first.