Discussion Board

RE: ! Solution found for Opening WAP Browser with a url

Matt,
    If I understand it correctly, the whole purpose of this exercise is to launch the browser with a URL(non-local).
    so why should not one launch the browser directly with the URL as posted in other message?

best,
    Pankaj

! Solution found for Opening WAP Browser with a url

All,

I have found a solution for those of you that wish to open the WAP browser on the Nokia 7650 with a URL provided by your application. Before coming up with this I tried the things on this site, but to no avail.

Working from the knowledge that you can launch a local wmlc file, I created a very basic wml file which simply does a redirect to an online address. I then compiled this file using a command line wmlc compiler. I then took raw data of the wmlc file and hardcoded it into my application, splitting it into two parts (before and after the url).

My application then writes out the bytes in three parts, the part before the URL, the url itself (plain text in the wmlc file), and the part after the url. I then launch the browser with this wmlc file using the CDocumentHandler class (explained in another post).

Here's what the wml file looks like before being compiled:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
    <wml id="Redirect">
    <card id="IndexCard" title="Redirect">
    <onevent type="onenterforward">
    <go method="get" href="http://mycw.net"></go>
    </onevent>
    <p>Redirecting...<br/></p>
    </card>
    </wml>

If you are interested in the source code for creating, saving, and openign the file in the browser, send me an email and I'd be happy to share it.

regards,
    Matt Poole
    mpoole@airclic.com

Regular Contributor

RE: ! Solution found for Opening WAP Browser with a url

Thanks,
    (V) - Forum Nokia