Apparently I'm quite new to mobile development. Before jumping into assumptions, I need some advise from you guys. I have a project idea and I'm trying to see how feasible it really is. To implement it, I need the following.
1) The mobile should be able to make a webservice (running on a server) call over a secure channel.
2) I prefer to do it in java (J2ME).
3) Server-to-mobile connection should be over bluetooth
4) I went thru some documents/sites. I came across a few articles discussing about bluetooth, webservices etc etc. But I did not quite get the whole picture. How does the webservice connection gets over to the PC ? Does TCP/IP comes to picture ? My requirement is : as soon as the mobile gets near the server, it should automatically get connected to the server and should be ready to make webservice calls. Is it possible ? or Is it multi-stage connectivity ?
5) What is the security aspect of the scenario above ? Can I use standard PKI certificate mechanism ?
6) What SDK's should I "buy" ? are there any licensing issues involved ?
7) Are the above things possible ? If yes
8) I need to buy a nokia handset for development. Which model do you recommend ??
thanks for your time