Discussion Board

calling throught data-cable

Hello, Everybody!

I would like to use my computer's speaker and microphone for phoning. I have a 6230, and a DKU-2 data-cable, but PCSuite doesn't support it. Why? Can I do it with some other program?
    With bluetooth I can do it, because the bluetooth driver for my PC supports the BlueTooth Headset protocoll, and my phone beleives that he's connecting with a bluetooth headset, but can I do something similar with a data-cable?

Thanks

Re: calling throught data-cable

Quote Originally Posted by LLevente
    Hello, Everybody!

I would like to use my computer's speaker and microphone for phoning. I have a 6230, and a DKU-2 data-cable, but PCSuite doesn't support it. Why? Can I do it with some other program?
    With bluetooth I can do it, because the bluetooth driver for my PC supports the BlueTooth Headset protocoll, and my phone beleives that he's connecting with a bluetooth headset, but can I do something similar with a data-cable?

Thanks
    as far as i know... no.
    why? because with your phone paired to your computer via BT youve established a "data" connection and a "voice" connection. therefore your computer dials through your phone like a modem and uses the BT headset profile to let you hear and speak through your computer.

on the other hand, with your DKU-2 you're only establishing a "data" connection. so you can dial like a modem if you want to browse the web via GPRS, but im pretty sure nothing more.

i could be wrong. but thats what i know so far

Re: calling throught data-cable

Hi
    Thanks for your answer.
    I've looked at my phone's "POP PORT" pin description, and I've found that there are seperate pins for left and right speakers and for microphone. I think headsets (with cable, not BT) simply use these pins. Why is that I cannot find a cable that connects the phone's connector to my soundcard's IN and OUT connector at least?
    And if it can be done with BT, then it must be able to do with a cable. Are there exists a "more intelligent" cable and software for this purpose?